User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the 4000's rise the trailer. It's already 13 feet 5 inches high. I don't want it any higher

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One note on the SRE4000s, they are only rated up to 7k axles whereas the CRE3000 can handle 8k axles. Just an FYI
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott, I installed the same system you're looking at on my 2018 310GK. Everything working fantastic so far. It did provide a noticeably smoother ride after installation compared to the original Equaflex components. The crossmember seems to provide added support in the right area where you would expect torsional flexing while turning & backing. The heavy duty "wet" bolts & shackles are also noticeably beefier than the OEM equipment. IMO I would say your upgrades are wise & well worth it!
    -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go with the SRE4000 (i guess they only raise the trailer 1 inch) heavy duty shackles and 3 X braces. All I need now is the weather to warm up. Thanks for all the info.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott d View Post
    I have a 2019 310GK. I want to up grade the suspension I am thinking Morryde CRE3000 and heavy duty shackle kit. My question are the CRE3000 ask for a wheel base of 33" or 35" when I measure mine its 36" so I am wondering what Grand Design is using on the newer Solitude what part number is it. Also is using the performance crossmembers a good ideal. I also will be doing disc brakes.
    I'm doing my 2018 310GK as we speak. Just taking a break before torquing the shackle bolts.

35" is what the 2018 needed. Probably the same for the 2019.

If you're going to do the install, the advice from the other forum is to jack one side at the time to avoid flipping the shackles. That's what I did, and I have both equalizers and heavy duty shackles done.

Removing the existing brass bushings (the ones that had failed already) was the biggest bear. Ended up drilling them out with a rotary drill-file that just happened to fit almost exactly.

Good luck.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the SRE4000, Heavy duty shackles, and the three X-factor cross members today. It was a long day but its done. My questions are what is the lug nut torque (I was tired and could not find it in the owners manual) And i had to remove some of the foam from the under belly is it any thing special or will the yellow foam you get at home depot work? the next project is disc brakes
    Last edited by scott d; 04-05-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott d View Post
    I installed the SRE4000, Heavy duty shackles, and the three X-factor cross members today. It was a long day but its done. My questions are what is the lug nut torque (I was tired and could not find it in the owners manual) And i had to remove some of the foam from the under belly is it any thing special or will the yellow foam you get at home depot work? the next project is disc brakes
    Lug torque (per the Dexter manual) should be 100~120 #-ft done in three steps. This is for 16" wheels with 1/2-20 threaded studs (which is what our Solitude came with).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dexter lug torque.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	25727

Great Stuff (brand) makes a "pond foam" (green can) that should work well for resealing the coroplast. It is made for water and outdoors applications. I got some from Amazon.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 04-05-2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Correct stud thread pitch
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott,
    my Solitude has the 3 1/8" shackles and the correct track from the factory. Did yours come with the 3 1/8" or 2.25" shackles? MorRyde said it doesn't matter what size shackles I use, but I don't want to use the shorter shackles since they will lower my rig height. I'm not sure why Grand Design does not list the 3 1/8' shackles on their site as OEM equipment. They only list the 2.25".
    Anyway, I'm looking at the SRE4000 and heavy duty shackles. Im trying to avoid any complications.

Thank You, Chris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cpd2966 MY 310 had the 2.25 shackles. I did not have correct a track on my unit. if I remember right the SRE4000 has a different part number for with or with out the correct a track or not. hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12