User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250RK or 2500RL

Need some help deciding between the 2250RK and 2500RL. For those that have 2250RK do you really miss having the dinette? For those with the 2500RL do you feel that the countertop space is adequate for prep work?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently picked up our first tt, a 2020 2500rl. I was concerned the prep space was small, and we do like to cook, but so far it's been working out fine - we adjust to it. I suppose if we had more we would use it but it works for us. We were looking at the 2250 as well but I intend to do a little work on the road occasionally so really needed a table.
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2250RL and it works for us. With just 2 of us we did not want dinette. We have 2 small fold up stools we keep behind theater seats just in case we need to sit 4 people. We've been to several campgrounds where length is very important and wish camper was even shorter. Lowering TV gives you another counter top if you need one.
    Good luck with your choice, both are excellent.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I’m prepping a dish for a pot-luck gathering, I’d be forced out of the trailer to the picnic table if I didn’t have my dinette table.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my eye on the 2500RL and over a period of time we choose the 2250RK because we have no pets and small chance that anyone would stay overnight with us (couch would actually work fine if need be) so the 2250RK turned out to be the PERFECT model for our needs. Looking back, if the 2250RK was not offered, I would go for the 2500RK. Good luck!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find the prep space OK on our 2500RL. The sink has a cover and the stove top also has glass cover for added space. I love the bathroom size and double exterior doors. It has been mentioned before that it’s a little awkward to see the TV from recliners but it is doable. Really if it’s me I’d buy which every was cheaper.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the 2500RL because even though there are only 2 of us there are times we found we needed space for others. Usually just for a night or 2. We have found that with the counter extension (which actually works very well), the sink cover and the dinette we have plenty of prep space. We do plan on adding a stove cover too.

We love our 2500RL. At first my wife wasn't in favor of the walk through bath but the more she thought about it the more she liked it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buck. We store two folding TV dinner tables to use with meals and it’s no big thing to fold them and put them back behind the theater seats. We tried the OEM removable table a few times and it seems to be more in the way than helpful. I keep it below the bed just in case we have two over for dinner or to chat in which case we have two short folding backless bar type stools which have worked out well. I’ve slept on the couch several times (CPAP noise) and was surprised that it was more comfortable than I had expected. If you ever want to swap DIY/Upgrade tips just holler.
    Happy Camping.
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 02-26-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 2500RL (w/ Tri-fold couch option in case the grandkids join us) and we love it. As stated already, the fold up counter-top is great. We flip it up and put a small trash can under it. Without this extra counter-top, it would be a problem. We also like the cutting board that covers the sink and the glass cover for the stove top. These add more counter space and they have taken care of our needs. We use a lot of electric devices (infrared hot plate, Instant Pot, and electric skillet) instead of using up propane on the stove top and oven. Even with these electric devices on the counter-top, we're able to have room for prep. We've found that we sit at our dinette set to eat and watch tv rather than the sofa. The sofa ends up as the "catch all", but we like it for an extra bed option. We too looked at the 2250, but we didn't see ourselves as needing a fireplace and wanted the extra bed options of the 2500. For extra heat during this past winter camping, we used an electric floor heater to supplement the trailer's heater in order to use the campgrounds electricity in lieu of my precious propane. Cabinet space is what we desire "more of"! We take advantage of the under cushion storage of the dinette set and every other nook and cranny we can find, but we still would have liked more so the sofa doesn't end up full of "this and that". Best of luck to you! Brad

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 2019 2250RK for the kitchen and we were concerned about state park trailer length restrictions. The 2250RK is a great trailer for two. We ended up not keeping it because our kids (18+ years old) decided they wanted to go with us, I'm glad. That's the reason we bought our 303RLS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast