User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prospective buyer.

I am 99.9% sure Grand Design Imagine is my first RV purchase.
    It seems superior in its class.
    Are there any negatives I could look at to make my final decision?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The negative is that RV quality is not the same as automotive quality. GD quality is comparable to other RVs in the same price range.

If you are certain about RV ownership and love the floor plan, go for it!

We love ours and have zero regrets.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Keebler said - comparable to other manufacturers in this class. Maybe costumer support is a bit higher.

What might be even more important is your dealer’s support. Hopefully you have a choice of where you shop and buy and can choose from them.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    The above replies are spot on. I started out with an Imagine 2950RL 3 years ago and loved it. I had it a little over a year and moved to a bigger unit but it was a great trailer. It went back to the dealer once only for a broken wall plug from pulling out the coffee pot plug to hard lol. Find the floorplan you like and dive in, if you have a good dealer the little issues that crop up will be no big deal. Welcome to the party!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    What model Imagine and what truck are you using to tow it with?
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22 RBE.
    All my truck will handle.
    TRD 4 door.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV's, including GD, are a roll of the dice because they are assembled as quickly as possible. Sometimes you have a few problems, sometimes many. People that post here that they have had zero problems are either blind or very, very lucky. Like my service advisor told me, ALL Rv's have problems. Try to buy from a dealer close by in case several trips are needed for warranty work because a service appointment consists of a trip to drop it off and a trip to pick it up. In my case I have 6 trips to Jacksonville and with my last upcoming trip to Ocala it will be 4 trips. Unfortunately that equates close to $900 in tolls and diesel. On the positive side, GD has fixed or will fix (waiting for parts) all my issues. Whatever you buy, read the warranty.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 02-26-2020 at 08:01 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our Reflection April of last year. We camped in it close to 30 days. It would have been more, but it has been in the shop a total of nearly 6 mos on 4 different occasions. The most recent being a 3 month stint - dropped it off Nov 19. Picked it up last Friday. It was not the dealer's fault. Most of the time was spent waiting for warranty approval and/or parts. For one item - refrigerator eyebrow board, GD sent the wrong part twice. It took one month to get the correct part. 20 minutes to install.

With that being said, we love the floor plan and overall fit and finish and think GD is a good value. In fact, because our kids are about to grow themselves right out of their bunks in our current Reflection, we are looking at replacing with a Solitude or Momentum. The only towables I have seriously considered are DRV, Luxe and Van Leigh. Luxe is way out of our price range for a part time RV. I also looked at Jayco's Pinnacle and North Point lines, RiverWood, Red Wood and Cardinal. None had a floor plan that really worked for our needs and the interiors were meh. There was one interior design scheme my wife liked - a modern farmhouse look, believe it was in a Jayco Eagle travel trailer. I just didn't like the fit and finish - materials seemed cheap to me. But probably in line with quality of the Reflection series. The dealer from which we purchased suggested Heartland. Again, floor plan was determining factor. We wanted a bunkhouse and room for kids to bring their friends along. (We didn't think about the fact that 2 adults, our 2 kids and their 2 friends and 1 dog didn't really work in my F350 CC - my son suggested the Jayco Seneca or a Prevost.)

The service manager at our dealer said he would choose a Solitude over all others. That's a pretty good endorsement.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    We purchased our Reflection April of last year. We camped in it close to 30 days. It would have been more, but it has been in the shop a total of nearly 6 mos on 4 different occasions. The most recent being a 3 month stint - dropped it off Nov 19. Picked it up last Friday. It was not the dealer's fault. Most of the time was spent waiting for warranty approval and/or parts. For one item - refrigerator eyebrow board, GD sent the wrong part twice. It took one month to get the correct part. 20 minutes to install.
    I see we have the same year and model. The time you have had to wait sounds like a dealer issue to me. At my last warranty appointment it took 2 weeks before the dealer looked at it, which I thought was borderline excessive. Anyway, once they looked at my issues GD approved them in 1 or 2 days. There are some items that will take about 30 days to receive, which has been typical for me when I've had parts ordered. Dealers here won't keep your RV at their facility while waiting for parts.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold