User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear ladder and walk on roof load limits?

I'm a bigger guy (360lbs), wondering what the load limit is on these ladders and roofs? Will need to clean slide tops and want to know if I need to get a separate ladder for this or if I'll be ok with what it has.
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L
    B&W Companion non-slider Hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about the roof limits but my guess is that you'd be pressing the trailer ladder's limits pretty hard. I would be looking into a separate ladder for safety's sake.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackwagon View Post
    I'm a bigger guy (360lbs), wondering what the load limit is on these ladders and roofs? Will need to clean slide tops and want to know if I need to get a separate ladder for this or if I'll be ok with what it has.
    Some of the rear ladders have a 300 lbs label on their underside.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ladder 300# Label.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	25014

Don't have any idea on the roof rating. The truss/rafters looks a bit like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof Truss 28 2BHJD3Ql.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	25015
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say through experience i have collapsed an rv ladder in the past and i am only 260... Wont use one anymore. If we need anything done on the roof while away from the house I send the boss up there cause she is half my size. I use a regular ladder to get on the roof now at home when I need to get up there. I can feel the roof flex a little when up there walking around but i have never felt like I was going to go through it.

Mike

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 290 and will only use our rear ladder if I really need to get up there, a separate ladder just feels safer. Don't be surprised at the give in the roof, try to stay where the trusses are located you can usually see the seems on the roof every 4 feet. It is walk-able but be cautious.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, ladder ordered... One more reason to cut some weight, LOL. Wish I were still 20 so it was easier to do!
    2020 Reflection 311BHS
    2017 F350 CCSB 6.7L
    B&W Companion non-slider Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 175 and when I go up the ladder I am very careful as it flexes as I climb. Also, the roof has a couple of places that I can feel give when I'm up on it. Getting the ladder to clean the slides at your weight is a very good Idea and I'd try it before I bought it to make sure it will handle you.