User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superduty Limited Cocoa leather

For those of you who have this color interior, do you find it hard to keep clean? Does it stain easy?

https://ford-h.assetsadobe.com/is/im...=1_3x2&wid=900

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our older ford had gray seats...even though you put cocoa in the title they look gray to me... The gray leather cleaned easily and we kept the leather conditioned.

But with all the perferations in the center of seats pictured I'd put covers on them and occasionally use leather conditioner and clean them regardless of being covered.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. That picture does actually make them look grey but it is a lighter brown, if not beige. You used seat covers all the time?

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, back then (2008) they did not have the little holes in the seats. I think it has something to do with the heated seats that have become so popular.
    Our GMC has perferations too and it's a PIA to clean..not sure why we haven't covered them yet.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I think it has something to do with the heated seats that have become so popular...
    It may have something to do with the ventilated seat function.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup if you cover them your butt will get hot in the summer LOL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I would not be covering them up. My real concern is keeping them clean. I like black seating, but I love this combo.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proper and regular cleaning and conditioning is essential and will keep them in good condition. Today's environmentally friendly leathers are not as durable as the past, and why you need to keep on top of them. Lexol products are readily available, affordable, and work as well, and often better, than more expensive brands. I have used more than 8 can count over the years, and pretty much recommend Lexol when starting with new leather and only suggest higher end products when needing to deep clean and resurrect well-worn leather.

FYI - there are several manufacturers making "work covers" compatible with ventilated seats.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Yes I would not be covering them up. My real concern is keeping them clean. I like black seating, but I love this combo.

Oldcow
    Oldcow it is a gorgeous interior when you see it in person. I struggled with the choice of going Limited or another Platinum when I ordered my F450 recently. My 350 has the black Platinum interior and it's pretty much maintenance free
    but is a little dark inside. I ended up with the Platinum trim level again with the dark marsala interior which is a cool dark reddish brown color. It's on the seats, dash, door panels, and console lid and is really sharp. I too was worried about keeping that
    light tan clean. Google the dark marsala trim and see what you think, it is only available on the Platinum trim level.
    The side benefit to a Platinum is the big sunroof is optional now not standard. I did not want it again in Texas for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 02-25-2020 at 06:14 AM. Reason: added info
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Oldcow it is a gorgeous interior when you see it in person. I struggled with the choice of going Limited or another Platinum when I ordered my F450 recently. My 350 has the black Platinum interior and it's pretty much maintenance free
    but is a little dark inside. I ended up with the Platinum trim level again with the dark marsala interior which is a cool dark reddish brown color. It's on the seats, dash, door panels, and console lid and is really sharp. I too was worried about keeping that
    light tan clean. Google the dark marsala trim and see what you think, it is only available on the Platinum trim level.
    The side benefit to a Platinum is the big sunroof is optional now not standard. I did not want it again in Texas for obvious reasons.
    I have seen it and that's my problem The dark marsela is also very nice. Thanks for your input.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast