Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NW Dealerships?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NW Dealerships?

Anybody have any experience with Byoung's in Portland Or. or Blue Dog in Pasco, Wa.? Good or Bad? They are the two who gave us the lowest price on an XLS 22RBE. If one has a better reputation than another how much of a price difference would there have to be to go to the other?
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped by Blue Dog of Pasco while shopping for our current rig. The fellow we sawseemed earnest, diligent and very uninformed.

We initially went to Blue Dog of Post Falls for GDs. We were seriously disappointed in the way we were treated and the trust they failed to earn. We finally bought from Bretz in Missoula, and were pretty disappointed in them too. Make a deal and don't expect anything beyond the text of the contract. You might get the impression that dealers are less than savory scallywags, and/or we are hard to please. I freely admit to both!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    We stopped by Blue Dog of Pasco while shopping for our current rig. The fellow we sawseemed earnest, diligent and very uninformed.

We initially went to Blue Dog of Post Falls for GDs. We were seriously disappointed in the way we were treated and the trust they failed to earn. We finally bought from Bretz in Missoula, and were pretty disappointed in them too. Make a deal and don't expect anything beyond the text of the contract. You might get the impression that dealers are less than savory scallywags, and/or we are hard to please. I freely admit to both!

We have bought two Reflection's from Byoung and were pleased with both transactions. Our salesman was older and an experiencied RVer who knew what he was talking about. We haven't had to use their service department yet but the PDI guys were knowegable and did a good job getting rig ready. If interested, message me and I'll give you our salesman's name.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, we just purchased from Byoung last Friday and could not be more pleased. we dealt with the one in woodland wa. They went the extra mile to make sure we were taken careof.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We initially went to Blue Dog of Post Falls for GDs. We were seriously disappointed in the way we were treated and the trust they failed to earn.
    The quality of sales people can vary greatly at these dealerships. The first person we had at Blue dog was a bit slimy (IMHO). We went to a different location (Post Falls) and found a great guy who was very knowledgeable and honest. We worked with him over a year (waiting for my retirement and then a new model) before we finally purchased. We’ve been very pleased so far with Grand Design and Blue Dog. We also know that RVs and RV dealers are not perfect and we expect some disappointment.
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 02-27-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2017 F350 Diesel CC SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sales side of a dealer is a different issue than any one salesperson and different than the service side.

Bad dealers can hire good people but good dealers don't hire bad people!
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad dealers can hire good people but good dealers don't hire bad people!
    if it only was so simple. I’ve hired way to many people to recognize that sometimes you just get some bad ones.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2017 F350 Diesel CC SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgodley1 View Post
    Hi, we just purchased from Byoung last Friday and could not be more pleased. we dealt with the one in woodland wa. They went the extra mile to make sure we were taken careof.
    Good to know.

We purchased our Imagine in Pasco a couple of years ago and I felt the sales guy was pretty good. We were thrilled with the trade in offer. We had to bring in the trailer for a warranty covered issue and they did a good job fixing what needed to be fixed. We will consider Byoung and maybe drive further if necessary to save some money. Next trailer will be a 5th wheel Reflection.
    Bill & Rachel
    2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD DRW
    2023 Host Everest
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL—( No longer own ).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought our trailer from BYoung RV in Portland. They were great. Trailer went back to service twice and they fixed things fast. They don't have much storage space so they schedule service and get it done on time. Our first trip back was a month after we bought the trailer the refer quit working. They replaced the entire unit and walk through the reason the old unit failed and corrected the incorrect installation from the manufacturer. The second was the furion stove igniter quit working and one of the LED tail lights went out. fixed both with no problems. Service after the sale to me is as important if not more than the salesman up front.
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graybuck View Post
    Bought our trailer from BYoung RV in Portland. They were great. Trailer went back to service twice and they fixed things fast. They don't have much storage space so they schedule service and get it done on time. Our first trip back was a month after we bought the trailer the refer quit working. They replaced the entire unit and walk through the reason the old unit failed and corrected the incorrect installation from the manufacturer. The second was the furion stove igniter quit working and one of the LED tail lights went out. fixed both with no problems. Service after the sale to me is as important if not more than the salesman up front.
    WOW
    B Young must have turned things around. I've heard a lot a not so good comments about them.
    That's good that things are getting done. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast