User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But when not sure, use one of this https://www.truckntow.com/quickclick...oogle_shopping before the oops
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Our Garmin RV760 GPS has done a good job of steering us around places we can't/shouldn't go. When I look for campgrounds and RV parks on RVParky.com, it also shows nearby hazards (low clearance, etc.).

Rob
    Rob is right. I have used this GPS for a number of years and they have a newer version out as well. Worth the money.. It will reroute you and advise of accidents/delays with alternative routes with net savings in time. Nice units!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the CoPilot app. You enter you rig height and length and it calls the route for you. Also links up traffic info. Well worth it. I use it with the truck GPS but also trust the app. Why can’t the truck manufacturers provide a SD card that can do this for us instead of making us follow car routes?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an advertisement in the latest Escapee's magazine for a product that alerts you to low bridges. Giraffe G$ Overhead Collision Alert System. First I have heard of it so maybe someone has knowledge of how well it works.
    Last edited by ajbaber; 03-11-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    I use RV trip Advisor to show low bridges. I also use Google Maps to look at roads and intersections. I'm not aware of anything that shows low telephone or electrical lines. Good luck with your travels.
    Is RV Trip Advisor an app?
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Garmin 770, RV GPS. We traveled all over the Northeast where there are lots of low bridges, narrow bridges, and tunnels. Had no problem what so ever. Just put in your RV dimensions and use the routing RV tool and you are set. The Good Sam Trip Planner is pretty good as well if you are a Good Sam member. Be sure to use the RV mode instead of the automobile mode.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the name of the device that mounts to the outside of the RV and uses Radar or something to check ahead of you and alert you to anything that’s lower than your RV?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCarr View Post
    What is the name of the device that mounts to the outside of the RV and uses Radar or something to check ahead of you and alert you to anything that’s lower than your RV?
    Is this what you're thinking of? The GiraffeG4

https://giraffeg4.com
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Is RV Trip Advisor an app?
    Sorry I should have said RV Trip Wizard not Advisor. This is a Web based software available by subscription. I believe $35 a year.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Is this what you're thinking of? The GiraffeG4

https://giraffeg4.com

I did buy one of these units when we started this RV journey about six years ago. It does work as advertised, although it will not give a readout on small diameter objects and wires. I mounted it on top of the truck with the thought if I came to a low overhead that looked "iffy", I would crawl to the problem area and get a readout prior to blasting through the bridge or whatever. At that point, I would try to back out of the problem area. This has only occurred once or twice in the years I have been towing, and I never had to back up from a low clearance. These were in the early years of towing and in the last three or four years, I don't leave the screen mounted, but leave the transmitter on the roof, in case I need to use it. I believe that experience along with the Garmin RV gps has helped in avoiding those situations.
    I do not think anything but common sense and awareness of what's in front of you can help you when dealing with low branches or wires.

One other thing I would mention was that I just checked the above listed web site for the GiraffeG4 and saw that they were listed for close to $3000.00. That has to be a typo, as they were around $300.00 when I bought mine.

Presently at Petite Jean State Park
    Arkansas
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast