User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road Navigation System for Low Bridges & Other RV Road Concerns

Good morning everyone. I know this topic has been covered before, however I could not find a very recent thread. User error I'm sure. My main concern is avoiding turning my RV 310GK-R (per specs is 13.42 ft. height) into a "convertible" or taking out all the phone or electric lines in a neighborhood. What are you all finding the best system for "problem avoidance"? I've heard of some trucker systems being used.
    Thank you in advance. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use RV trip Advisor to show low bridges. I also use Google Maps to look at roads and intersections. I'm not aware of anything that shows low telephone or electrical lines. Good luck with your travels.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnww View Post
    I use RV trip Advisor to show low bridges. I also use Google Maps to look at roads and intersections. I'm not aware of anything that shows low telephone or electrical lines. Good luck with your travels.
    ^^^This. RV Trip Advisor will also notify you of tunnels along your route as well.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sygic Truck app.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    Good morning everyone. I know this topic has been covered before, however I could not find a very recent thread. User error I'm sure. My main concern is avoiding turning my RV 310GK-R (per specs is 13.42 ft. height) into a "convertible" or taking out all the phone or electric lines in a neighborhood. What are you all finding the best system for "problem avoidance"? I've heard of some trucker systems being used.
    Thank you in advance. Benny
    Another user of RV Trip Wizard (newbie there). But we also have a Trucker's Atlas that shows roads(highways) that are big rig drivable.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^This. The Motor Carrier’s (Trucker’s) Atlas has restriction charts for each state that you can quickly reference as you plan your trip. I’ve also used Google Earth to preview any stretch of road I think might be a bit “iffy”. If you’re planning a refueling stop, you can preview that situation as well. When you follow a route on GE, it’s pretty easy to see if it’s populated with big rigs. This would indicate that there are no low clearances.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Garmin RV760 GPS has done a good job of steering us around places we can't/shouldn't go. When I look for campgrounds and RV parks on RVParky.com, it also shows nearby hazards (low clearance, etc.).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Garmin RV770 that we use along with a Motor Carrier Truckers Atlas and RV Trip Wizard for planning our trips . . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    ... I’ve also used Google Earth to preview any stretch of road I think might be a bit “iffy”. If you’re planning a refueling stop, you can preview that situation as well. ...
    N
    I've checked the gas station layout situation on Google Earth since we started hauling. It's really helpful to my husband to know ahead of time which driveway to use and how to get out of the station after fueling.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I've checked the gas station layout situation on Google Earth since we started hauling. It's really helpful to my husband to know ahead of time which driveway to use and how to get out of the station after fueling.
    Tricky intersections, campgrounds, parking lots, rest stops, etc. Google doesn’t know everything though, as our address (for the last twenty years) turns up the water treatment facility 5 miles west of us. We try not to refuel with the trailer (only on interstates-ease of nav and allows us to turn off the fridge before approaching the pumps). With our luck, we’d scope out the gas station, but when we arrived, the supply tanker would be there
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast