User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tim Cooper

Question How to Best Stabilze a 337RLS

I have read most of the posts on this forum but have not seen this question asked/addressed. We have a new 337RLS and find it to be very shakey when walking around in it after we set it up and level it. The rear stabilizers are directly behind the rear axle which leaves almost 10 feet of the backend hanging unsupported so I really question the placement of the stabilizers. We have extended them and leveled the trailer and even have a bi-pod under the 5th wheel pin but the trailer still shakes noticably when one person is sitting and the other gets up and walks around. We have pushed the trailer up as high as I dare and lowered it as much as possible but it is still shakey and it is getting more annoying by the day. We are currrently in Texas for 5 months so I could do the old concrete block trick but i really didn't think I would have to do that with a new traielr. My 34 foot Crossroads Crusier was much more stable and the only difference I can see is the sabilizers were right at the back of the trailer. I really don't want to add additional hand crank stabilizers but do I have any other option? Any help or suggection would be appreciated. Other than this and a few minor glitches we are happy with our new trailer.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi there Tim, and welcome to the forum. On my 337, I found the best way to stabilize it was to add X-Chocks between the wheels. This helped reduce it quite a bit for us. One note though. If you install the X-chocks right after you arrive, you'll have to re-tighten them when the tires cool down. Otherwise, they loosen up and don't help much.

Here's a link to a pair of them on Amazon for $60.30 (Sale price). The price through Camping World is $95.90, which is their purported sale price.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Chock-Wheel-...words=x+chocks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

I have SteadyFast stabilizers on our 337 and am satisfied that it eliminated most of the shake. Here's a link to this thread... http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ght=steadyfast

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been down this road with our last trailer, when we purchased our 337RLS, we ordered it with a Level Up 6 point system. Absolutely zero wobble, vibration or anything. Rock solid. Admittedly an expensive solution to a pretty basic issue but I'm well aware of how annoying it can be.
    Chris
    Kanata ON
    2015 337RLS, 2014 Ram 3500 DRW CTD Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 6 point hydraulic level-up on our Solitude. While it is VERY convenient (worth every penny just for the ease of hooking up, unhooking and leveling) and reduces the "wobble" ALOT. I can honestly say that I've never been in a trailer that didn't move some when people are up and moving around. IMO, there will always be a little movement no matter what stabilizing system you have.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Steadyfast or JT StrongArm solution. The front pair of Steadyfast bars on my Cougar did such a good job that I never installed the rear bar. Maybe this summer just to get it out of my garage.
    2015 Ford F350 SRW CrewCab SB 6.7 PSD, Andersen Ultimate fifth wheel hitch
    2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS, Mor/Ryde pin box, 300w of solar
    1/77 Armor Bn, 5th Mech, I Corps, RVN

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also using X chocks between the tires on each side. My rear stabliizers are close to the rear end of my 323BHS.

The rear stablilizers also work better if you use chocks or blocks where you don't extend the arms all the way to the ground. Many also use the JT Strongarm stablizers. Just take it step by step until your camper's stable enough for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, was the level up system installed at the factory or your dealer? I'm thinking of purchasing a 337 and think it would be good feature to have. Do you remember the up charge for adding it? Thank You! Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kanatachris, was the level up system installed at the factory or your dealer? I'm thinking of purchasing a 337 and think it would be good feature to have. Do you remember the up charge for adding it? Thank You! Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, was the level up system installed at the factory? Do your ember the upcharge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast