User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gas and diesel trucks change the oil with the same interval. Gas trucks need less oil to change is the only difference. Gas trucks need more fuel than diesels.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the towing report! It sounds like the 7.3 did the job well. I'll definitely consider it when the time comes to replace my current truck.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever manually calculate those mpg? Cause that 8.8mpg is fantastic with those 35’s. Other than super swampers I can’t think of a worse tire for mpg. As a reference point our setup is 14,000lbs combined and we average 8.0mpg at 66-67mph. (31.7” highway tires) Please keep posting updates, seems like a great truck!

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR9 View Post
    Let's get something out of the way first.
    OUR 2018 6.7 DIESEL TOWED THE SAME 5TH WHEEL FASTER, LESS EFFORT, AND BETTER MILAGE.

Our truck is a F350 Tremor with 7.3, 4.30 gears, and 35” tires. Tow Haul mode was used for the complete trip. I Cat scaled our truck about a month ago, the trucks weight was 7220, truck and trailer was 18,460. I believe we were about 500 lbs. ~ heavier packed for our trip. 5th wheel is a 2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS.

Our tow was from Disneyland area to Las Vegas and back.

The trip includes a few climbs with up to a 6% grade. I could maintain 65+ on any grade coming or going. The gears used on our trip were 5th thru 10th. When I was in 5th RPMs were right at 4000 @ 65mph. At one point two semis were side by side going 40 up a long grade, after the semi finally over took the other semi and merged back to the right lane I floored the gas pedal and I was up to 65 in no time. I've never towed with a gas engine that pulled like the 7.3/10 speed. RPMs spread was about 350 between gears so it was like the truck was in the correct gear most of the time. When I wanted to force a downshift I just gave a little more throttle and the transmission shifted down a gear. Transmission temperature ranged from 208 - 228.

I wasn't worried about gas mileage on our trip. Gas mileage was 8.8 for our trip. Seems like we were always going up and down both ways, never really any long flat runs. I did watch the instant gas mileage display when the road was fairly level and saw 10-11 MPG at 65.

I believe the 35” tires didn’t help in any way towing, if anything it hurt performance and mileage. Standard 33” AT tires most likely would have towed better and returned better mileage.
    Thanks for sharing. Did you miss the exhaust brake of the diesel?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Did you miss the exhaust brake of the diesel?
    I forgot to add my thoughts on that.
    Going down inclines as speed increased apply the brakes and the 10 speed would automatically down shift to try and maintain the speed. Apply the brakes again and it would down shift again. The transmission will down shift by applying the brakes to the lowest gear without putting the engine in excessive RPM. The lowest gear I remember was 5th going about 62 MPH. My brake applications were not in rapid succession. Not as good as the diesel but very acceptable.
    I'm sure the diesel with the exhaust brake and the 10 speed will be real nice package towing heavy going up or down.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Gas and diesel trucks change the oil with the same interval. Gas trucks need less oil to change is the only difference. Gas trucks need more fuel than diesels.
    According to Ram, the 2500 and 3500 gassers are not to exceed 8000 miles, so basically twice as frequently as the Ram CTD.

But, this is a Ford thread, so maybe Ford's are the same interval. Reading through this overall thread, seems like this Ford might fill a good niche.

Mike
    Last edited by Walaby; 02-26-2020 at 11:44 AM.
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interested in this exact truck. The ford website is tuff the find specific tremor numbers please post your trucks payload and towing

F350
    Tremor
    Correct?

Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the HP and torque for that engine?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv2race,
    Yes you are correct.
    Ranchertx,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PAYLOAD.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	25157
    430 HP, 475 Torque

20,000~ gooseneck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!!

Even a pic! Love it.
    I currently have a 2018 ram 2500 with a 6.4 hemi. The ike gauntlet test on your 7.3 truck blew me away. Congrats on the truck!

XLT?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast