0 Thread(s)
    Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really thought it was a waste of time. Ask a question 7 different ways to see if they get the answer they want.

kinda like a political survey.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 02-26-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that survey was awful. I made it to about 70% and then thought, WTF am I doing. You want to ask 100 questions, here's a tip. Put them on one page so I can scroll through quickly and answer; don't make me press "next" 800 times.

"Social media advertising". LOL. Yeah; not hardly. I've NEVER bought something from a social media ad and actively try to avoid them. No, I bought GD because it was well built for what we need, the price was fair, I liked the looks of the interior and the dealer was good enough to not blow the deal up. Save you money on ads, go to RV shows where people can see them and spend more money on your website showing off the different configurations/options. That's what I really want and what impacts my buying decision.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started to take it but then some questions came up I did not feel like answering and I quit. Was not about customer feedback anyway.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the survey. It clearly seemed based on whether social media influenced me as a buyer. It didn’t. But I’ll bet younger folks lap that social media up; it just seems to be the future. As an older-timer I don’t rely too much on GD (or other manufacturers) social media or “influencers”. Sometimes there is a fact or 2 buried in it (social media), sometimes it is 10 minutes of viewing/reading with no value to me. I think too many You-Tubers / Influencers are just in it for the money.

Either way I gave GD some feedback.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the survey. It clearly seemed based on whether social media influenced me as a buyer. It didn’t. But I’ll bet younger folks rely on that social media; it just seems to be the future. GD sure has a lot of it on their website. As an older-timer I don’t rely too much on GD (or other manufacturers) social media or “influencers”. Sometimes there is a fact or 2 buried in it (social media), sometimes it is 10 minutes of viewing/reading with no value to me. I think too many You-Tubers / Influencers are just in it for the money.

Either way I gave GD some feedback.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

We also recieved it, one to my email and one to Garys. Some of the Questions were oddly written. Almost felt it was more curious about if social media played a part in deciding to buy than the quality and satisfaction of the unit you own now .
    This site is a perfect example of the importance GD places on controlling the message. First, this site had to give up the original name or face lawsuits from GD, then all of the original moderators here at the time were wined and dined to abandon this site and set up shop on GD's own forum. Of course all this on the QT. When they got the GD site up and running these four previous mods just quit en-mass leaving this site in a real pinch.
    Then lets not forget at the same time, many of the administrators of the various FaceBook GD sites were given free travel to GD headquarters where they were given copious amounts of the GD koolaid and sent home with bags of GD swag and good wishes. Within days, people who were critical of their GD RV's that posted their experiences were banned from those FB pages.
    Too bad GD wouldn't of spent half as much effort on building a better RV and less on trying to spin their way out of poor QC that has dropped significantly from the pre Winnebago buyout days.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    This site is a perfect example of the importance GD places on controlling the message. First, this site had to give up the original name or face lawsuits from GD, then all of the original moderators here at the time were wined and dined to abandon this site and set up shop on GD's own forum. Of course all this on the QT. When they got the GD site up and running these four previous mods just quit en-mass leaving this site in a real pinch.
    Then lets not forget at the same time, many of the administrators of the various FaceBook GD sites were given free travel to GD headquarters where they were given copious amounts of the GD koolaid and sent home with bags of GD swag and good wishes. Within days, people who were critical of their GD RV's that posted their experiences were banned from those FB pages.
    Too bad GD wouldn't of spent half as much effort on building a better RV and less on trying to spin their way out of poor QC that has dropped significantly from the pre Winnebago buyout days.

That whole other forum and the movement of folks there left a very bad taste in my mouth. I don’t go there and won’t.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe there was one question about what I would like to see in a future RV.

And being one of the "youngins" I can tell you that social media had next to no influence on my purchase decision. I am an engineer and have a very critical eye for things being done well and corners being cut - these were good enough trailers that I could live with the smaller stuff I could fix myself. There is still a lot of room for improvement! The new options in the 2020 Solitudes are a huge step forward in my opinion but they still use crappy particle board for most of their "solid wood cabinetry" and their plumbing and wiring mess is embarrassing.

They need to focus on making RVs that are useful for people and the way they use them - and not trying to get into a marketing battle with their competitors where what is on a spec sheet or brochure is all that matters.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling this survey was written by Emily Stahley... I played along but answered all of the questions in Klingon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast