Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pet shots

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doublea View Post
    I am new to the RV and CG world. We are planning on taking our cat with us. Do Camp Grounds ask for vet records and what should we have with us for paperwork? I know a dumb question. Thanks for the help.
    We were ask once for proof of up to date shots on our dog.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never been asked but do carry there tags ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been asked but we are always current and have a hard copy .
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot's of great replies and our experiences with our two "kids" as my wife refers to our cats, have been that while yes in many cases parks like Thousand Trails state you need the immunization records on-hand we've only been asked once and when we informed them we have cats they did not ask for the records. They of course stay inside the trailer but we have collars with rings on them, (chest harness style) and small light rope/cord where we can control the length when we are outside the trailer just hanging out. They really are concerned more about dogs of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    The only way to confirm rabies is to evaluate the brain. If vaccination history is unknown or insufficient, the animal is quarantined and observed for 14 days. Post-exposure prophylaxis consists of 4 injections (combo immune globulin and rabies vaccine on Day 0, and then 3 rabies vaccine only on Days 3, 7 and 14) in the upper arm. The injections in the stomach are no longer given and haven’t been for years.

IMO, I find somewhat ridiculous that campgrounds ask for vaccination records beyond rabies. Based upon what expertise do they determine an animal is fully vaccinated? As a veterinarian, a pathologist and former professor of veterinary medicine, I can assure you we over vaccinate our pets by a country (vet) mile.

/soapbox off
    I couldn't agree with you more... And as a professional in this arena, thank you for stating this information. we have a bernese mountain dog puppy, and we run the titers test frequently and do not vaccinate unless they come back low, we found that the number of required rounds after the initial doses were too much.
    2021 Transcend Xplor 261BH (on order, April delivery)
    2021 Ram 2500 BigHorn megacab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
    2017 Indian Chieftain

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	33361
    I really enjoy all the pictures. This is my bundle of energy,Izzy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123