User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp LivingAdventure's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discontinued Models

Does anyone happen to know if there’s East/West regions (or US/Canada) ruling the available models? I’m assuming my computer is telling the website where I am, but I’ve seen a few units that are showing as discontinued on the Grand Design website come up as 2020 walk thrus on YouTube channels operated by dealers in the US. They’re far enough East that I could guess at an East/West regional thing, but does anyone know for sure? I could always email Grand Design, but I thought I’d ask here first.

We’re in Alberta and I’ve seen some dealers in Saskatchewan listing some “discontinued” 2020 models so I’m curious why they’re showing as dealers stock only (2019) models in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Living a never-ending adventure together!
    2018 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport EcoDiesel
    2019 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually the result of the offset of model year to calendar year. What I mean is you will see 2021 builds shortly here. The 3350 we have was discontinued in calendar year 2019, but after 2020 model years were in production. Thus, ours was a factory new 2020 (we literally bought it en route from factory to the dealer).
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    It's actually the result of the offset of model year to calendar year.
    I get the model years.
    We just bought a 2019 Imagine with the old dark cabinetry. On the grand Design website, the floorplan and photos of that same floor plan show the new 2020 Pebble interior. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9048.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	948.4 KB 
ID:	25041This floor plan is listed as “dealer stock only” and there is currently no 2020 units with a Pebble interior available in western Canada. However, I have found walk thru videos on YouTube by US dealers showing the same floorplan in the 2020 Pebble interior that we apparently can’t have in Alberta.
    Similar situation with some discontinued Reflection travel trailer floor plans. Can’t find them in Alberta, but I did find a dealer based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba that shows a 2020 unit on their website. On the Grand Design website it says “dealer stock only” just like the 2150RB.

Are you saying that some of these floorplans will come back in 2021?

2019 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that's not what I am saying. Let me see if I can be clearer.

I'm saying that because of the shift between production year and calendar year (actually the fiscal year), that when a decision is made to discontinue a model after the fiscal year, there are already units built in the new production model year. The years are about a 6 month shift from one another. So, very early in the new production model year you may see no changes to finishes, looking exactly as the prior model year, as component inventory is depleted; or, some blend of old and new or with all the changes.

Now if the website says the floorplan is discontinued, it means there are no more being built in this fiscal year and what is available has been fully allocated to dealer inventories and there's no more factory holding inventory. Your dealers up there likely had no standing orders for stocking lot models before the discontinuation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I understand what you’re saying.
    Some 2020 versions of that discontinued floorplan could have been manufactured in 2019, and dealers in my area didn’t order any or didn’t get any.

It still doesn’t quite answer my question.

On the keystone website, certain product lines ask if you’re in the East region or the West region. As you as you click one you can see the floorplans in the background change. Some of them disappear.

So what I was trying to ask is this; is there any reason that Grand Design also has a regional (or border) divide in their floorplans? Does anyone happen to know?

If we knew that we’d have a better chance of getting a discontinued floorplan in Eastern Manitoba, we would include that in our search in future when we upgrade to a trailer with dual pane windows. If there’s no reason why they would have a different selection of trailers from what we have access to here in Alberta, then it’s not worth the drive or the hassle.

2019 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, gotcha! GD does not have regional variation. You see that in the manufacturers with multiple plant locations, which actually stemmed from their acquisition and integration of other makers over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s good to know, thank you.

2019 Imagine 2150RB

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingAdventure View Post
    Yes I understand what you’re saying.
    Some 2020 versions of that discontinued floorplan could have been manufactured in 2019, and dealers in my area didn’t order any or didn’t get any.

It still doesn’t quite answer my question.

On the keystone website, certain product lines ask if you’re in the East region or the West region. As you as you click one you can see the floorplans in the background change. Some of them disappear.

So what I was trying to ask is this; is there any reason that Grand Design also has a regional (or border) divide in their floorplans? Does anyone happen to know?

If we knew that we’d have a better chance of getting a discontinued floorplan in Eastern Manitoba, we would include that in our search in future when we upgrade to a trailer with dual pane windows. If there’s no reason why they would have a different selection of trailers from what we have access to here in Alberta, then it’s not worth the drive or the hassle.

Keystone has that because they also have West Coast plants. Not all in Indiana.

The 2150 is gone. There were some made with Pebble, and most likely already in owners hands. The new interior started in June of 2019.

2021 model year should roll out in the next month or so....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this is along the same lines: For the Solitude 3550BH, the model is listed on the GD website with photos, specs, etc. However, there is no build and price option. What's up with that?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Hopefully this is along the same lines: For the Solitude 3550BH, the model is listed on the GD website with photos, specs, etc. However, there is no build and price option. What's up with that?
    Their marketing personnel are changing.

The website needs some updating in all areas.

The 3550 is a newer model.

Here is an order form....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img160.pdf  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast