User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you live that far from a GD dealer, you could contact GD and they will authorize a mobile tech to perform warranty work. I know the damage is done, but good to know for the future. There are many people on this forum who have used this method and have been very happy with the results.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly 3006 View Post
    I know it sucks but $900 out of pocket. I think I would have took care of most of that myself maybe got it down to just one trip to the dealer to finish up. Its a shame that it is this way after we pay good money for these things.. I think this industry would benefit greatly by moving to mexico. Wonder why they havent? The workforce in Indiana is not qualified or sober enough to build these things.
    IMO there is nothing wrong with the workforce, the problem is management. As long as employees are paid piecework with little oversight (that IS the problem) there are going to be problems. RV manufacturers then shift the responsibility of fixing their shoddy work upon the buyer. At that point they are at least partially counting on: 1) The buyer not noticing flaws. 2) The buyer fixing flaws. 3) The buyer not having the time to drag their RV back to the dealer numerous times. 4) The buyer giving up and accepting flaws. The RV industry is like no other. They charge a premium for a product, mine was $150 per sq. ft., that in most cases has been slapped together as fast as possible. Hopefully you don't need any work done after the warranty because then you are paying $140 to $165 an hour for labor.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I'm understand what you are saying and agree completely. Right now I've found half of the wet bolts to be non- greasable again.
    Hey Ace...
    The wet bolts should be installed so that the "feed holes" are at the 9 or 3 o'clock positions in the bushings.
    When they are not, the weight of the trailer makes forcing grease into the bushing very difficult.

I've found that if I raise the weight off the suspension and wheels, (not entirely off the ground) with auto level jacks, the grease flows in much easier.

Without auto level feature, jacking some weight off, (using bottle jacks on the frame,) will work as well.

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hey Ace...
    The wet bolts should be installed so that the "feed holes" are at the 9 or 3 o'clock positions in the bushings.
    When they are not, the weight of the trailer makes forcing grease into the bushing very difficult.

I've found that if I raise the weight off the suspension and wheels, (not entirely off the ground) with auto level jacks, the grease flows in much easier.

Without auto level feature, jacking some weight off, (using bottle jacks on the frame,) will work as well.

Michael
    I tried that as well as spinning the bolts to find the holes with no success. I'm sure it didn't help that from the factory they were dry and about 3500 miles before I found out they were when I went to do my maintenance. The equalizers too, but I haven't had trouble greasing them.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried that as well as spinning the bolts to find the holes with no success. I'm sure it didn't help that from the factory they were dry and about 3500 miles before I found out they were when I went to do my maintenance. The equalizers too, but I haven't had trouble greasing them.
    Not sure I understand how your spinning the bolts ?? I'm not 100% sure of this, so anyone who knows differently can correct me ??...

These pics are from a Lippert 5200# axle wet bolt.
    My point is that there is a serrated "locking groove" below the zerk fitting that secures the bolt to the bushing.

In order to "rotate" the wet bolt, the opposite retaining nut must be loosened and driven back a bit to release the serrated locking groove, from the bushing.
    Otherwise, you will only rotate the entire fitting in the eyelet.

Note there's only ONE weep hole for grease to lube the bushing.
    The second pic shows bolt or bushing wear from inadequate grease reaching around to opposite side from hole , hence the importance of keeping these fittings well lubed
    and.... a potential problem with Lippert's single hole bolt design ???

I had 6K Dexter axles installed and their AP kit wet bolts had two holes on opposing sides ensuring better distribution of lubricant around the bushing.
    I made sure the installer positioned the bolts at 9 and 3 o'clock and I STILL have to raise weight off suspension to get the grease to flow around the bushings

That's just been my experience.
    Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200227_125254.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	25056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200227_125148.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	25057
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it didn't help that from the factory they were dry and about 3500 miles before I found out they were when I went to do my maintenance. The equalizers too, but I haven't had trouble greasing them.
    Same here. Discovered about half were dry while 2000+ miles from home in South Dakota. I couldn't get grease in two with manual gun. Home dealer replaced several under warranty.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    So many of those are thing GD should have found in their factory inspections and it's got to be frustrating for you. With 2 of the same trailers having the same issues , if there are 2 here there are sure to be more. To me that points to poor production on that particular line and GD slacking on QC at the end.
    Remember about 3 years ago, GD made this big thing out of the QC standalone building they were putting up and every RV built would go thru this bldg and QC inspectors would fix or have fixed all the defects they found. I haven't heard boo one about this in at least a couple of years. Maybe GD forget to run lights to the bldg and the QC inspectors can't fix what they can't see ??
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Remember about 3 years ago, GD made this big thing out of the QC standalone building they were putting up and every RV built would go thru this bldg and QC inspectors would fix or have fixed all the defects they found. I haven't heard boo one about this in at least a couple of years. Maybe GD forget to run lights to the bldg and the QC inspectors can't fix what they can't see ??
    You might have a point there. Although there is a QC sign-off sticker on my pin box no one had the guts to initial it, with good reason.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To save time I imagine those QC stickers are applied at Lippert, even before the RV is attached to the fame.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I have been reading on this GD forum I probably should have stayed with a Jayco brand, I bought a GD MKS 320 last May and have made 3 trips back to General RV in Salt Lake City already. I owned a Jayco for over 10 years and had it to the dealer one time. Never had problems like I have had with this GD fifth wheel. It’s hard to know what to buy even with all the research you do and looking at all the different models, I know Grand Design better step up it’s quality control or it’s going lose many potential buyers. Word of mouth from GD owners will make or break this company.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast