User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only problem is how much more camping trips will the kids be with you? If you get something else will you downsize when they no longer go with you. I had a similar problem because I had 4 kids and one day 3 were gone and house was to big. Same with a car. Now it's just the wife and I. Funny how fast kids grow up and move out. (hopefully)
    I have a Colman air mattress that believe it or not holds air and doesn't leak. You could look into that.
    You could command the kids stop growing or feed them a little less ROFL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Only problem is how much more camping trips will the kids be with you? If you get something else will you downsize when they no longer go with you. I had a similar problem because I had 4 kids and one day 3 were gone and house was to big. Same with a car. Now it's just the wife and I. Funny how fast kids grow up and move out. (hopefully)
    I have a Colman air mattress that believe it or not holds air and doesn't leak. You could look into that.
    You could command the kids stop growing or feed them a little less ROFL
    We hope we have a few more years to enjoy family camping. Our kids are 11 and 10. They still like us. For now. They are home schooled, so we can take them on a trip anytime. As long as we find a farm sitter. They have proposed being home schooled for college. All that could change tomorrow. Upsize, downsize. It's all good.

As far as growing, as a pathologist doing drug research, I might be able to get my hands on a few growth inhibitors. Shhh! Don't tell the FDA. Or DFACS.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched a walk through video of a Momentum 395m and was reminded how much I really like that floorplan. If your budget can accommodate it, very much worth considering. Very long loft bunk over the end of the garage as well as 2 full queen size beds with the HappiJack system in the garage. One of the only toyhaulers I actually like the living area on. If it had the master bed in a slide with front closet it would be the ultimate as far as I am concerned.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I just watched a walk through video of a Momentum 395m and was reminded how much I really like that floorplan. If your budget can accommodate it, very much worth considering. Very long loft bunk over the end of the garage as well as 2 full queen size beds with the HappiJack system in the garage. One of the only toyhaulers I actually like the living area on. If it had the master bed in a slide with front closet it would be the ultimate as far as I am concerned.
    The 395M is on our list. Do you have a link for that walk thru or was that on the GD website?

Trying to head to General RV in Richmond tomorrow to take a look at the Solitude 3550BH, 3740BH and maybe the 3950BH. From online floor plans and photos, the bunkhouse in the 3950 looks to be exactly the same as ours, so no advantage there. Last time I checked General's inventory, I don't believe they had a 395M on the lot. Definitely no 376s, 397s or 399s. The 376 is probably not an option as we want, as much as possible, a separate room for the kids that doesn't require folding your bed so we can use the living area.

There is no perfect RV. There is no perfect RV. There is no perfect RV. Unless you have these guys build you one: https://millenniumluxurycoaches.com/
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was the one I watched:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYJP0RgOjKU

Here is another that I just saw too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLRiLJxx6ok

I got a personal tour of one before I started fifth wheel shopping by the very kind folks who were my neighbors at a KOA last April. They could not stop saying great things about it. It left a very strong impression on my wife and I and was a big part of what cemented GD as our next trailer manufacturer.

Ya, the 376 is great for the large living area, but more of a couples trailer. I would think that you need the proper garage. The 3740 has an interesting bunkhouse but will only accommodate one large child I would say, the rest need to be on the smaller side. The 3550 COULD work but makes other trade offs (like not having as nice of a front bedroom layout). The 3950 is not an appealing floorplan to me at all actually, but that is coming from a very happy 3740 owner Those stairs in having to take up space inside the rear bathroom is a negative. The 3950 bunk layout is unusual though since I believe it has 2 large bunks OVER the TV/outside kitchen. If you can get up to Thurmont, MD, Beckley's has a nice assortment of models you can sample as well. Lot of Momentum models you can check out.

https://www.beckleysrvs.com/new-rvs-...r=grand+design

Happy shopping!
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    The 395M is on our list. Do you have a link for that walk thru or was that on the GD website?
    Actually just found a 2019 395M at our local dealer. Its at the Roanoke Boat Show this weekend. Also found several walk thru videos, so never mind. Watching one with a Canadian. Wasn't sure what he was talking about with "deckles". Until he pointed at the decals. I like deckles better.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woody's RV Center in Leduc, Alberta? Lol

The accent is strong, but they do a lot of good in depth video walk throughs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hi Bob,
    It is a regular banjo. Just a different style of playing it or (playing style).

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Anyone heard from Kevin? I hope he's okay, I just noticed he hasn't posted anything since February of last year.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12