User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at Solitude 2930rl

I have a Reflection 303 now and am pulling it with a 2018 Ram diesel 2500 limited that has a max pin weight capacity of about 2000lbs. A good match for the 303. I know that this Solitude 2930rl for pin weight would put it over the 2000lb limit for this truck. The truck on the other hand would have no trouble pulling that much weight. In fact I believe it can pull up to 17000lbs. I do also understand all the safety reasons that go along with pin weight but what confuses me is why is a RV travel trailer that weighs the same as that Solitude camper hooked on my bumper would be legally safe. There got to be a reason why they put the axles further forward on a travel trailer to take the weight off the hitch but have them back further to increase the pin weight on a 5th wheel. I think I would be safe to say that (I could be wrong) if they where to design these 5th wheels with moving the axles forward to take some of the weight off the pin like the travel trailers are I think I would feel safer pulling that same weight as a 5th wheel then hanging on my bumper. I hope explained myself okay and there will be somebody that knows why this scenario is this way. Thanks
    Also, this may have already been explained in the forums so if someone has a link for me that would help that would be great.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome ! We have a Tow vehicle section and you might find what you're looking for there. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/foru...9-Tow-Vehicles. A 1 ton would be a much better fit for the 2930.

When the 2930 first came out we got very excited to see a beefed up version of the 303 but after carefully and slowly going through one we changed our minds. Depending on the year 303 you have, storage may be a little less and the basement all though taller is almost half the width. We spend extended time in our trailer and couldn't go backwards in storage space. Be sure to take your time looking at it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/