User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to Tie in inverter?

I’m going to install a simple solar system with the charge controller and inverter mounted in the front (battery) storage compartment. Where and how is the best place to permanently tie in the output of the inverter? I have a 2020 260RD Reflection. Thanks!

Joe Lansing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plug in an extension cord into the inverter, then the other end - through an adapter - to the shore power receptacle. Be sure to shut off the breaker to your house battery charger when doing this otherwise you will be charging the batteries at a far less rate than what you are using from the batteries. Very inefficient and dumb. I installed a 500W pure sine wave inverter for only small plug loads; specifically the TV, etc., for nighttime.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download_20200209_142206.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	25207

I also use my 30amp rv cord and plug it in to a 20amp adapter for the inverter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double post
    Last edited by Boom 'r Bust; 03-07-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done my a little more permanent. I wired mine in to a 50 amp transfer switch spliced into the power cord, after my EMS. I then go through and turn of the breakers to everything I don't want to run like the converter, microwave, AC, fireplace, etc. Also make sure the refer is on propane only. Don't leave it on auto, it will select AC every time.
    Wayen & Marge Kroeger
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2012 F350 CC PSD w/ 50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmhawk View Post
    I've done my a little more permanent. I wired mine in to a 50 amp transfer switch spliced into the power cord, after my EMS. I then go through and turn of the breakers to everything I don't want to run like the converter, microwave, AC, fireplace, etc. Also make sure the refer is on propane only. Don't leave it on auto, it will select AC every time.
    My original plan was to flip the converter breaker like you. But then I found all my bedroom plugs were on the same breaker. My solution was to remove the factory converter but leave the breaker installed for my bedroom plugs.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom 'r Bust View Post
    My original plan was to flip the converter breaker like you. But then I found all my bedroom plugs were on the same breaker. My solution was to remove the factory converter but leave the breaker installed for my bedroom plugs.
    Just move the converter to another breaker. There should be an extra slot or two so you could get another (15A or 20A) breaker and wire the converter to that. It seems pretty common that the converter is wired onto another circuit.