User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 393-G Momentum model in the newest brochure

We did a factory tour yesterday hoping to see our new 381M as it was being built, The 381 build schedule was Feb 21, 24 & 25, since they don't do the tours on Fri, and the 24th was booked full, we took a spot on the 25th, unfortunately we ended up missing it by one day. The 397TH model was on the line, all the 381's were either in PDI, outside or shipped, ours was already gone which was disappointing.
    Towards the end of the tour in the PDI area while checking VIN numbers to see if our 381 was there I noticed a triple axle "G-Class" mixed in with the 381's. I noticed it didn't have a slide out on the awning side (like a 353), but it looked as long as the 381's. Wish I would have looked at the sticker by the door.

I had picked up a new brochure while we were waiting, it shows the 393 model with a 16' garage similar to the 353 with the 11' garage. The brochure lists it as a double axle, but that would make no sense with a 16' garage, and the one I saw was clearly a triple axle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8432.jpg  
    2020 381M with Goosebox
    2006 F-450 16k GVWR

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, I do like that floor plan. The space is too small/tight to do an island so putting everything against the walls works better in my opinion.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dining room table is on the wrong side for me. I like it to be looking over my campsite. Big garage is sweet though.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given many toy haulers are made for and intended for boondocking, the camp site is where ever you want it to be, side is not as important.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Given many toy haulers are made for and intended for boondocking, the camp site is where ever you want it to be, side is not as important.
    I only boondock but I still want to look out at the awning side where I set my outside stuff and the doors are to go in and out. I understand about not having to look into your neighbors when at a park though. If there was a door and an awning on the drivers side it would work for me

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    I disagree. I think they're intended to do both. If they were strictly intended for boondocking you wouldn't have 50 amp services, 3 A/Cs, etc. I think many, especially with the quality of the RVs finishes, intend to use a toy hauler for both. We do. If we want to go to campsite, we go to campsites. If we want to take the toys out, we take the toys out. There are many RV parks that even give you full hookups AND you get to hit the trails from the RV Park.

Like Kevin, we prefer to have the window on the awning side. We can let the kids play out in the shade (in an RV park or boondocking) and keep an eye on them from the inside.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I disagree. I think they're intended to do both. If they were strictly intended for boondocking you wouldn't have 50 amp services, 3 A/Cs, etc. I think many, especially with the quality of the RVs finishes, intend to use a toy hauler for both. We do. If we want to go to campsite, we go to campsites. If we want to take the toys out, we take the toys out. There are many RV parks that even give you full hookups AND you get to hit the trails from the RV Park.

Like Kevin, we prefer to have the window on the awning side. We can let the kids play out in the shade (in an RV park or boondocking) and keep an eye on them from the inside.
    Of course they are meant for both use cases, I didn't say they were strictly for boondocking. There are always other floor plans with windows facing the camp side if that is a priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylB View Post
    We did a factory tour yesterday hoping to see our new 381M as it was being built, The 381 build schedule was Feb 21, 24 & 25, since they don't do the tours on Fri, and the 24th was booked full, we took a spot on the 25th, unfortunately we ended up missing it by one day. The 397TH model was on the line, all the 381's were either in PDI, outside or shipped, ours was already gone which was disappointing.
    Towards the end of the tour in the PDI area while checking VIN numbers to see if our 381 was there I noticed a triple axle "G-Class" mixed in with the 381's. I noticed it didn't have a slide out on the awning side (like a 353), but it looked as long as the 381's. Wish I would have looked at the sticker by the door.

I had picked up a new brochure while we were waiting, it shows the 393 model with a 16' garage similar to the 353 with the 11' garage. The brochure lists it as a double axle, but that would make no sense with a 16' garage, and the one I saw was clearly a triple axle.
    @DarylB thank you for that post. Your post is giving us hope that the 393G will be triple axle. The 393G is the rig we've decided on, but the weights are not inspiring confidence. I saw an info sheet on a 353G that had the GVWR at 16800 and the UVW at 12864. Two 7000 pound axles on it. I'm really hoping the 393G is a triple axle, and we will call GD next week when they open to ask. If not, hopefully the 8k axle upgrade is an option at least. With the motorcycle, washer/dryer, aftermarket mattresses, etc etc I don't want to be pushing its limits on day one.