User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

230RL - Best Location for Hardwired Electrical Protection?

Hi Y'unz Guys,

I'm wondering if any 230RL owners have installed a hardwired electrical/surge protector in their rig and if so, where and how did you mount it?

Thanks much!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have your rig, but in my last 2 campers and my current GD, I've put my Progressive HW unit right behind the power converter. I never cut the power cable and instead pull it out of the converter and feed the Progressive unit and then add a short whip of cable between it and the converter that I buy by the foot at the local electrical supply. I do this for clean removal of the unit for transplant into the next camper.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Don't have your rig, but in my last 2 campers and my current GD, I've put my Progressive HW unit right behind the power converter. I never cut the power cable and instead pull it out of the converter and feed the Progressive unit and then add a short whip of cable between it and the converter that I buy by the foot at the local electrical supply. I do this for clean removal of the unit for transplant into the next camper.
    I also don't own that trailer either, but I installed our Progressive HW behind the power converter. Hopefully you can do the same.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted ours to the framing for the steps, with screws and a small piece of osb that spans the open space of the steps. Plenty of room behind the flimsy panel in the pass thru. Lowes had the same wire and manufacturer as what was already in our unit so we bought a short piece to connect it to the electrical panel so we didn't cut the existing wire. I put the display above the electric outlet on the Nautilus Panel so I can see if there are any issues when I first connect to power when setting up RV.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is much like pawsitivedivetraining and my trailer is much like yours.
    I just screwed the EMS to the floor. I fed the display wire up to the wall to my control center. Running it over to the Nautilus sounds very workable.

Do buy a new hunk of wire, if it's more flexible than the factory wire everything will be easier.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide