User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 310GK, generator but no washer & dryer. I think I'm about at my upper limit of comfort level with my srw F350. It tows like a dream, but a dually would probably be even better. I wouldn't want to regularly tow any of the larger Solitudes or Momentums. If you haven't bought yet, just get the dually. If I were in the position again I would be looking for an F450 just for the turning radius.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently bought the 344GK and went with a dually and have no regrets. It's also my daily driver and have had no issues. Highly recommend the dually.

On my first trip with the 344GK my wife asked me how I was doing. She said it in a way that I thought was odd and she must of seen my facial expression because she said "I ask because it's super windy and know that makes for a stressful drive." I responded...didn't even noticed. That alone made me feel great about going with a dually.

It also drives better than my 2017 F250.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did find that towing with my 40' 16k loaded fifth wheel, I really did not once fret or even notice if it was windy, or who I was passing or who was passing me, zero influence on the truck and trailer and position in the lane. It was a very low effort drive which was awesome. This was over a 3300 mile trip through the South East from VA to San Antonio, TX and back - went through Louisiana and East Texas with their pretty poor roads. Way easier than my 2500HD was with a 28' TT that only weighed 7k.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SRW Ram at 12300 GVWR has a payload of 4394 ... just got weights on my 2930 slightly lighter than the 310 ... we were loaded to camp with 300 lbs fire wood in bed of truck and pin came in at 3260 24% ... Trailer at 13580 ... I normally do not have any firewood so my pin will avg 2900 and with that I am still 1000 lbs under payload and 1000 lbs under drive axle rating of 7000 ... pulls with little effort with exhaust brake stops great .... we do not have generator or washer/dryer that is a big difference .... Ford has a SRW with 12500 GVWR with lots of payload like my Ram these SRW are strong and quite capable .... as far a daily driver goes the SRW long bed or DRW will be the same ... I park out and walk .... here are my weights http://www.towingplanner.com/ActualW...5280&w2da=3040 later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there's the other end of the equation. Can you go with a lighter fifth wheel that's better suited for single rear wheel trucks' capabilities?

I have a Reflection fifth wheel with 4 slides, and a F250 diesel. I'm max'd out, but within the standards of my particular vehicle.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going with the next bigger 344GK and i am going to pull it with my F250. I see nothing wrong with towing at max weight. I however plan what I load in the trailer. I don't carry anything that isn't necessary. You can crunch all the numbers and a F350 SRW will do the job but with all the people you you have you need to make sure to get the New this year in the Ford, 14,000 payload. Here is where I got my information Look at the 2020 trucks page 24
    https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/d...owingGuide.pdf

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to say the daily driving with a dually isn't a problem at all. The ride is quite good. The parking can be a challenge, but even that is very manageable. To me the item that can be a show stopper for some is whether or not you have room to park at home. Many people really want to store their truck in their garage and a dually simply won't fit their garage.

To me, if the home parking situation isn't a show stopper, the pros in favor of the dually make it an easy choice.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    And there's the other end of the equation. Can you go with a lighter fifth wheel that's better suited for single rear wheel trucks' capabilities?

I have a Reflection fifth wheel with 4 slides, and a F250 diesel. I'm max'd out, but within the standards of my particular vehicle.

Thank you all who have responded! As to switching to a lighter fifth wheel, probably not. I would like to have a residential fridge, king bed, heat pump, larger tanks, generator etc.........
    I still have 4 teenagers traveling with me in the summer so a residential fridge is a nice "must have." Eventually this is the unit I would like to take extensive 4 month + trips in.

It's beginning to appear a DRW is in my future!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I am going with the next bigger 344GK and i am going to pull it with my F250. I see nothing wrong with towing at max weight. I however plan what I load in the trailer. I don't carry anything that isn't necessary. You can crunch all the numbers and a F350 SRW will do the job but with all the people you you have you need to make sure to get the New this year in the Ford, 14,000 payload. Here is where I got my information Look at the 2020 trucks page 24
    https://www.fleet.ford.com/content/d...owingGuide.pdf
    I believe that is trailer weight , not GVWR. 14000 GVWR requires DRW’s.maybe I’m miss reading something.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently towing the 310GK, not the 'R' version. I do not have a generator or dishwasher and we are careful about packing and weight.
    If we load the trailer to max wt, my math says we are just barely on the good side. We do not travel at max wt, so there is something of a cushion there.

In my situation a DRW was not possible, so I had to get a SRW configured for max towing all the way around. I am happy with the performance of the truck/trailer combination and it pulls well.
    If I could have gone to the DRW, It would have been my choice. Maybe in the future,.....

Lots of good information has been posted here, find the best fit for you and enjoy the ride.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast