User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    I believe that is trailer weight , not GVWR. 14000 GVWR requires DRW’s.maybe I’m miss reading something.
    Charlie
    According to the chart the GCVWR is 30,000 Max vehicle is 14,000 Sounds like a lot but they changed the entire truck in 2020.
    With a 344GK I will be at the max but there are safety margins built into these trucks. Therer should be any reason you cant tow at max numbers and still be safe.
    Last edited by The Bone; 02-28-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the exact same 5th wheel with generator I have a Ford F-350 single rear, no problems pulls really well. We do have the goose neck hookup because I have horse trailers as well. I did add a 55 gallon fuel tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that weight range a dually is not necessary. I'm pulling close to 13k with a RAM 2500.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own a 2012 SRW Ford F-350 4x4 W/ air bags and have zero issues pulling a 2019 376TH Loaded.

This year, I'm adding a hitch to the back of the trailer, so that I can trailer my UTV. When it's all said and done, I should be right at 20k Fully loaded. Water, fuel, UTV, ect. Would I like a dually............ Sure. Just don't want to spend the money at this time to do so. I pull at 65 mph and have never had any problems. If you can afford getting a DRW, by all means do so. For me......... Pull within your means and you'll be fine.
    [B]2019 376TH
    Ford F-350 SRW 6.7 Pusher
    Firestone in-cab air bag system
    Hensley TS3 Trailer Saver

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull mine with a 1 ton SRW Duramax, we are full time and have pulled it all literally over the country. I can tell you mine is close to axle limits on MY truck, per the CAT scales, but I am under. I don't have washers, dryers a big bank of batteries etc in mine. I do have a 40 gallon tank in the bed, and my weights were done with full fuel and and both us as we go down the road.
    There is no doubt a dually is more stable and safer, but Im comfortable with my truck and would not upgrade if given a chance. I have experience towing with a dually so I understand the difference. Its just one of many compromises you have to make, and the 310 is tough because you are so close to the limit.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a safety standpoint, you want the DRW. Extra payload capacity and more stability - you don't need it, until you do. BTW, I'm in a similar boat and I'm getting a 1 ton CC, LB, DRW as our tow vehicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pulled our 2018 300GK-R (same as your 310GK) for a year with a SRW. Last year we purchased a new Ford F-350 DRW and I wish we had done it years ago. Traveling across South Dakota was a breeze. Didn't feel any sway or issues with wind. The ride is rock solid. Yes, you need to adjust your parking strategy, but for anyone who's driven a full size 1 ton, it's minor. And walking from the far side of that parking lot to the grocery store is good for you! Go DRW. You will not regret it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    According to the chart the GCVWR is 30,000 Max vehicle is 14,000 Sounds like a lot but they changed the entire truck in 2020.
    With a 344GK I will be at the max but there are safety margins built into these trucks. Therer should be any reason you cant tow at max numbers and still be safe.
    My 2019 F350 DRW truck has a GVWR of 14000# that is not new for 2020
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but they changed the entire truck in 2020.

Nope. Just a engine tweek and a new 10 speed transmission. Not much has changed since 2017, when ford did actually change the entire truck...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be getting the 310GK-R soon. When doing the calculations for "worst case" scenarios for each truck manufacturer, I decided the SRW was on the edge of payload limit, and quickly decided that the DRW would be the best for my needs, both now and in the future if we ever upgrade to a bigger 5'r. I pulled the trigger on a F350 DRW LB 4x4 just before Xmas and don't regret the purchase. Our planned travel will be 6 or so months each year, so during that time it's the "daily driver" for us. We'll use e-Bikes when at our destination for recreational activities.

Also, think about getting a fuel card for discounted diesel. https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/ is one you can research. There are others out there.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast