Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LC - It's a small world. I know exactly where you're speaking of; in between Hwy 53 & 60. I travel the road whenever I go trout fishing at Montauk, MO. Hayti, MO to Kennett to the Bluff on Hwy 53, catch Hwy 60 W just past MO HP Troop E HQ going to Van Buren etc up to Houston and Licking, MO.
    The small world part is ...... my wife has a condo at Perdido Bay / Pensacola. Be safe and hope yall make it back to the Bluff in April.

R. Kaiser
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to work in the Bootheel often when I lived in Memphis. We did business with just about everyone driving a Ford bought at Littrell-Ozier in Blytheville. One of my favorite customers was Raymond "Red' Gill--manager of the VFW in Steele and top cook of the Razorback Barbeque Team. He was a very colorful guy.

In my last years at work, I dealt with Don Medlin and Company--owners of 46,000 acres of prime farmland in The Bootheel and across the river in Tennessee.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bamaman - You're waaaaaay too close to home. HA! I worked out of Memphis for 35 yrs while living in Blytheville, (I'm a retired Fed). Red Gill passed away about 11 yrs ago and was always a big draw at the Memphis BBQ Cookoff held in May every year. "Colorful" is an understatement!

Like many other places, Littrell-Ozier Ford is no longer nor is Carlock Chevy/GMC/Cadillac ....

If you knew Don Medlin and family from Caruthersville, you knew/know some quality folks. (the world gets awfully small at times) My grandfather was the first county surveyor/engineer for Pemiscot County, MO having been enticed to come there by S.P. Crews Reynolds to layout a RR Line from Wardell, MO to the AR State Line. When the Co Courthouse burned in '83 he had the only complete plats of the county. Uhhh .... that's 1883 not 1983! My cousin and I donated 99.9% of his work to the State of MO to put in the archives at Rolla, MO about 6 yrs ago. Pemiscot County has a "colorful" history also, but unfortunately as industrialization/mechanization came along SEMO like most of the Miss River Delta the population dwindled since the main industry is agriculture.

Just for trivia .... my grandfather bought 1000 acres of swamp back in the late 1800's for ten cents ($0.10) per acre. Drained a good bit of it, harvested the timber, and sold it for a whopping profit of $0.15/acre !!
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will find us heading S on I-75 from Monroe, MI on or about Dec 29th, or 30th. Heading to FL for month of Jan, staying in Mims.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We saw a Solitude in the campground we stayed in the last two nights of our two week trip. It was in Campgrounds of the South in Gulfport, MS. Never got to meet owners.
    Then saw another Solitude heading West on I 10 in FL today as we were heading East on our way home today.
    Our first GD sighting in awhile. Glad to see them out there!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are wintering in Tampa and there are two other Solitudes here doing the same thing! We saw two on the trip down south. It's fun to see more and more of them!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seasons in the Sun, Mims, FL - with no other GD products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12