User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 short bed Chevy and goosebox

Please forgive me if this is covered somewhere already. I searched and did not find exactly what I’m looking for.

I have a 2019 Chevy 3500 short bed and a 2017 momentum 350m. Is there anyone here who tows this combo with a goosebox? I really want to go with one, but worried about cab contact.
    I currently use a pullrite auto slider, which is good, but I’ve been in a few spots where I can’t get unhitched because the trucks not straight. It’s rather annoying when you need to be almost perfectly aligned to disconnect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Megacab with a smaller 6’4” bed and it works just fine. You will not beat what you have for turning radius but take your time and you’ll be ok Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6087.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	25068
    It’s a great set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. I think the front cap design on my momentum will help with clearance. I’ll probably wait until I get it out of storage and do a mock set up at at angle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod250 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I think the front cap design on my momentum will help with clearance. I’ll probably wait until I get it out of storage and do a mock set up at at angle
    That’s the best bet honestly. You are a little wider than my reflection I think? Maybe? Either way a good test it not to have the pin position move on the slider and see what you get out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think I can safely stop the auto slider from sliding. If I remove the adapter plate from the pin box, then the jaws on the slider won’t latch properly.

I was going to just take my tailgate off and back under the trailer at various degrees of turn and with the pin hovering above the gooseball hole. If that makes any sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod250 View Post
    I don’t think I can safely stop the auto slider from sliding. If I remove the adapter plate from the pin box, then the jaws on the slider won’t latch properly.

I was going to just take my tailgate off and back under the trailer at various degrees of turn and with the pin hovering above the gooseball hole. If that makes any sense.
    I misread the auto slider and just saw “slider”

Good call

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been towing GD337 with RAM 3500 short bed with Reese Goose Box. Have not had a problem yet but turns are limited to less than 90. Just ordered a Momentum353G and intend to put Goose Box on and give it a try! Any comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not necessarily worried about doing 90s, I just want to be confident that I won’t get a surprise an a “normal” maneuver. I try to avoid super sharp turns anyway because I think it puts a ton of stress on the axles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyman View Post
    I have been towing GD337 with RAM 3500 short bed with Reese Goose Box. Have not had a problem yet but turns are limited to less than 90. Just ordered a Momentum353G and intend to put Goose Box on and give it a try! Any comments?
    I believe the momentum is wider is it not? If so there is a chance you’ll be under 75-80 but I’m not confident. It might have a more progressive cap than the 337.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Momentum is wider but the cap corners are recessed more than caps on the Reflection so I hope the turn clearance will be close to same. If not I can always go back to the slider. Towing with the goosebox is a lot smoother than the pinbox and no hitch in bed, so I would like to make it work if possible.