User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone using the Andersen Hitch with the new Bed Shaft?

Our 344GK is on order and we are starting to prepare for it's arrival! Planning to go with the Andersen Ultimate and noticed they have a new bed shaft offering for the connection (PN 3219).

https://andersenhitches.com/Products.aspx?Search=3219

Wondering if anyone is using it and what the benefits (and/or) drawbacks are?

Thanks in advance!

Kim

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what the little thing on the top is for?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of unrelated, but I'm curious....

Do you need a lock out kit with the MorRyde pinboxes that are on the Solitude's when you use an Andersen hitch?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Kind of unrelated, but I'm curious....

Do you need a lock out kit with the MorRyde pinboxes that are on the Solitude's when you use an Andersen hitch?
    I'm checking with Andersen, but I think that is only needed for the rotating pin box. I don't believe that is what is on the Solitudes being delivered now (if anyone knows different, please correct me!).

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kim_e83 View Post
    I'm checking with Andersen, but I think that is only needed for the rotating pin box. I don't believe that is what is on the Solitudes being delivered now (if anyone knows different, please correct me!).
    It's not, but the MorRyde still moves front and back. Didn't know if that made any difference or not.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one and will be using it on my first trip this Tuesday. The little thing on the top is the release to install it in the gooseneck. Very simple to do. Its purported to be much stronger than an ordinary ball since has much less of the aluminum rod machined away. The only downside I see is if you already have a ball, then you would have to buy this. I didn't , so it was a no brainer. Andersen is also selling a 1/2 in bed mat now to help any turning or roughing up the bed. According to them turning rarely happens. Its important to re torque after you attach the trailer to the hitch. I didn't want to take the chance of any rubbing on my new 2020 Silverado bed so I went to my local Farm and Ranch store and bought a rubber mat for horses for about $45 and cut it with a utility knife to the dimensions of their mat.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that bed shaft with my AUH. Easy simple to use, pull up on the pin and it slips into and lock into the bed. Makes for quick on/off of the hitch and pin.
    I had ordered my truck with 5th wheel bed set up so there was no issue.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It's not, but the MorRyde still moves front and back. Didn't know if that made any difference or not.
    Feedback from Andersen is that you need to purchase a Goose Neck Adaptor Plate to use with the Rubber Pin Box. Not sure how big a deal this is!