User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    That is exactly what I do as well and I use 4 heavy rubber chocks, 1 behind each rear tire and 1 in front of each front tire, not the cheap plastic ones. This is part of my "do it the same way every time" routine.
    I do it that way (including the rubber chocks) with one exception....if the site slopes more to the front or the rear, all 4 chocks get placed to counter it, with a spare pair of lighter cheapies on the uphill side.
    2019 F-350 SRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2020 Solitude S-Class 2930RL

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone use the x-chocks between the wheels to avoid issues like this? If so, how well do they work?
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmunro View Post
    Does anyone use the x-chocks between the wheels to avoid issues like this? If so, how well do they work?
    If I understand what you're asking correctly the answer would be no. x-chocks shouldn't be used to prevent the trailer from rolling. They are used to limit the small amount of back and forth motion that can/does occur even after the jacks are down and wheels chocked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding chocks, definitely be sure to have adequately sized chocks. I use these, and they are REALLY big and very heavy duty:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1 Note that they have several models, the Heavy Duty Big Yellow version is very substantial. I have the cheap yellow ones for when I leave my trailer at my outdoor storage lot (which is very flat), these big ones are in a totally different league.

Regarding X-Chock, as mentioned above, they are NOT intended to replace a "wedge" chock. This is from Bal's webpage:
    BAL's chocks are designed for locking trailer tires when camping. They should be put in place after disconnecting from your tow vehicle and after putting down your stabilizing jacks. They should be removed prior to hooking up to your tow vehicle. Failure to do so may damage your chocks. To avoid undesired trailer movement when disconnecting or hooking up to your tow vehicle, a tire "wedge" should be firmly placed behind one, or preferably both rear trailer tires.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12