User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    A lot of people including some very knowledgeable tire industry veterans would disagree that you should always run your tires at the maximum rated pressure. Instead they recommend that tire pressures should be based upon the load and inflated to the pressures recommended in Goodyear's load charts for the Endurance tires. Here is a link to a thread I started with the load chart and questions about using this chart and the responses. You can also do a search and get more opinions on this. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-E-rated-tires

While I was having my Westlake tires replaced with the Goodyear Endurance tires I did a little comparison between the two. The two tires had the same E load rating and were the same size and that is where the similarity ended. The Goodyears were noticeably heavier, so there was obviously more material in them. They had much stiffer and thicker sidewalls. The treads on Goodyear tires also was firmer and were not as easily pushed out of shape. It was obvious to me that the Westlakes were a vastly inferior tire when compared to the Goodyear Endurance. Having said all that, I too have seen tire load/inflation tables that recommend how much to inflate a tire based upon the load placed on the tire and frankly they make sense, but not for the Westlake tires that I just took off the trailer. Now this is only my opinion, but the sidewalls on the Westlake tires seemed so lite and flimsy that I would only travel with them at the max pressure. I still don't understand why Grand Design used them in the first place?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    While I was having my Westlake tires replaced with the Goodyear Endurance tires I did a little comparison between the two. The two tires had the same E load rating and were the same size and that is where the similarity ended. The Goodyears were noticeably heavier, so there was obviously more material in them. They had much stiffer and thicker sidewalls. The treads on Goodyear tires also was firmer and were not as easily pushed out of shape. It was obvious to me that the Westlakes were a vastly inferior tire when compared to the Goodyear Endurance. Having said all that, I too have seen tire load/inflation tables that recommend how much to inflate a tire based upon the load placed on the tire and frankly they make sense, but not for the Westlake tires that I just took off the trailer. Now this is only my opinion, but the sidewalls on the Westlake tires seemed so lite and flimsy that I would only travel with them at the max pressure. I still don't understand why Grand Design used them in the first place?
    Agree that GY Endurance are heavier and more firm sidewalls. Switched out our Westlakes a few weeks back with only about 1500 miles. I did this on our previous trailer’s Castle Rock tires as well. Very pleased.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had to upgrade their rims when switching to a higher load range tire that can handle more PSI?
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you check the pressure when the tires are cold but do you adjust after the tt is loaded for your trip or when its empty? Or it doesn't make a difference.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TPMS with pressure and heat warnings on it. Just blew a Westlake and the tires were at 109-110 when I headed out 2 hours earlier. The alarm did not go off until after the tire blew. And I have 16" ers. H
    Still have to buy overseas tires.LingLong....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984fireball View Post
    I have a TPMS with pressure and heat warnings on it. Just blew a Westlake and the tires were at 109-110 when I headed out 2 hours earlier. The alarm did not go off until after the tire blew. And I have 16" ers. H
    I replaced the Westlake tires before I hooked the RV up to my truck at the dealership. They are only rated for 65MPH and the temps you reflected are not high for highway driving. I also run TPMS but the Westlake bombs are no named that for not blowing. Sorry!!
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryriddle View Post
    I replaced the Westlake tires before I hooked the RV up to my truck at the dealership. They are only rated for 65MPH and the temps you reflected are not high for highway driving. I also run TPMS but the Westlake bombs are no named that for not blowing. Sorry!!
    I have westlake on mine and they are rated for 75mph. I drove from Washington state to Ohio and then to Sc on them. Size 15". I always make sure I'm at the right psi and not overloaded and I don't go over 65.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1984fireball View Post

Replace them all. Be safe, rather than sorry.
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345