User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I am the other annoying person on the highway, you know, the mamby pamby guy who is towing his gigantic RV at 60 mph when the speed limit is 80. You'll find me in the right lane with lots of space between me and the guy in front of me, I do that so people will feel comfortable pulling in front of me to get to the exit and then slamming on the brakes so they can safely take the exit.
    We got that guy on our dash cam. Mustang came flying up on driver's side and started to change lanes into the side of our truck. My husband thinks maybe the mustang driver though he was passing a motor home and there was more space in front and started changing lanes where he thought there was space. As it turns out he didn't make the exit.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMCFAN View Post
    Sorry.... but I am sure he was driving like a moron... but,... your taking pictures at over 80....I swear cell phones should shut down at motion more then you can walk.... rant over....
    Even that’s too much motion. As evidenced by the number of hilarious (albeit, sad) videos of pedestrians walking into doors, traffic, fountains, etc.!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    I got a pic of him and then my speedo.
    I'm just wondering where the pic of your speedo is
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passenger took the pictures....and got ur speedo swingin right here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he was in a hurry to get to Daytona for Bike week.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    I was coming south out of Savannah Friday, on I95. I wasnt pulling, just driving. Noticed a toyhauler up ahead switching back and forth in traffic between the center lane and fast (left) lane. He was ac+ting like he was driving a sports car or something. As I approached...we were averaging 80+...I got a pic of him and then my speedo. He was rollin at 80-85 and driving like a maniac. I expected a tire to blow and wanted past him. Ive pulled big trailers for 25 years...never saw that kinda unsafe crap before. Just a complaint I guess, to vent. Ok, cant figure out how to attach pictures
    Your going 80+, taking pictures and your calling someone ELSE a maniac!?!?!?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90% of the dangerous driving I see from trucks pulling fifth wheels is done by transport companies. Example: flying along an interstate at 70 miles an hour in freezing rain! We have joined the ranks of the 60 mile-an-hour haulers, too, for better fuel mileage and less stress on the truck and the trailer. Our thought is that traffic isn't a problem when you're the slowest one on the road.
    Dee and Scott
    "Houseless" since 2012
    2018 Momentum 376th
    2011 Ford F-350 King Ranch Super Duty dually
    1999 Yamaha Venture full-dresser
    Kya the cat

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the other annoying person on the highway, you know, the mamby pamby guy who is towing his gigantic RV at 60 mph when the speed limit is 80. You'll find me in the right lane with lots of space between me and the guy in front of me, I do that so people will feel comfortable pulling in front of me to get to the exit and then slamming on the brakes so they can safely take the exit.
    Me too. Just came down to Tampa Bay FL from SE Louisiana. Never went over 63. Don't see a need to push the limits of my equipment. My 5er is my home so I want to be able to live in it when I get to my next destination. I leave early with plenty of time toget where I'm going.
    Tom & Misty - Dover, FL
    Gracie, the Black Lab 🐶
    2020 Solitude 344 GK-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4 6.7L Cummins CC/LB/DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmo1 View Post
    i was coming south out of savannah friday, on i95. I wasnt pulling, just driving. Noticed a toyhauler up ahead switching back and forth in traffic between the center lane and fast (left) lane. He was acting like he was driving a sports car or something. As i approached...we were averaging 80+...i got a pic of him and then my speedo. He was rollin at 80-85 and driving like a maniac. I expected a tire to blow and wanted past him. Ive pulled big trailers for 25 years...never saw that kinda unsafe crap before. Just a complaint i guess, to vent. Ok, cant figure out how to attach pictures
    yup, that goes on everywhere everyday. I retired in '13 after 24 years od service at the big brown machine in the seat of a semi. Seen many things. Usually turns out they can't get their stuff stopped or turned or get the tail to stop wagging the dog. Its never pretty

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right there with you... I figure if they don't like the speed I am going they, should have left earlier, can go around, take a different route, wait till I pull over to let collected traffic by. High speed is just exhausting, hard enough watching for the idiots at a reasonable speed.
    2019 297 RSTS
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    The wife and 2 dogs..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast