User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unsafe Towing Witnessed

I was coming south out of Savannah Friday, on I95. I wasnt pulling, just driving. Noticed a toyhauler up ahead switching back and forth in traffic between the center lane and fast (left) lane. He was acting like he was driving a sports car or something. As I approached...we were averaging 80+...I got a pic of him and then my speedo. He was rollin at 80-85 and driving like a maniac. I expected a tire to blow and wanted past him. Ive pulled big trailers for 25 years...never saw that kinda unsafe crap before. Just a complaint I guess, to vent. Ok, cant figure out how to attach pictures

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vent noted... I feel the same way about a lot of things on the road.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah some people are crazy. So, if you caught up to him and wanted to pass him, how fast were you going?
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
    Yeah some people are crazy. So, if you caught up to him and wanted to pass him, how fast were you going?
    I moved over and went around about 80 or so, he got blocked and fell behind. I was tryin to get up beside him to see if it was a delivery type company abusing the crap out of someones new rv. But no signs or lettering. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200228_112610.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	25066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200228_112559.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	25067

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 80+ mph you are snapping pictures because you believe another driver is not acting safely?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.png 
Views:	1028 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	25069
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With age comes experience, discretion, and fatigue. Time to get off the highway for a break.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had someone pass us towing a big 5er who had to be going over 80. Shortly after we heard a big bang, pieces flying, and a puff of smoke coming from their trailer. Yep they blew a tire and was then trying to scramble to get back over into right lane to pull off.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    At 80+ mph you are snapping pictures because you believe another driver is not acting safely?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.png 
Views:	1028 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	25069
    Great point.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    I was coming south out of Savannah Friday, on I95. I wasnt pulling, just driving. Noticed a toyhauler up ahead switching back and forth in traffic between the center lane and fast (left) lane. He was acting like he was driving a sports car or something. As I approached...we were averaging 80+...I got a pic of him and then my speedo. He was rollin at 80-85 and driving like a maniac. I expected a tire to blow and wanted past him. Ive pulled big trailers for 25 years...never saw that kinda unsafe crap before. Just a complaint I guess, to vent. Ok, cant figure out how to attach pictures
    We see a few of these types of drivers, most of the time they are not hauling RV's, usually other trailers with boats, car hauler, off road equipment like UTV's.

Especially the ones "Rolling Coal" while pulling their toys, they like to show how their tow vehicle can pull the load.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the other annoying person on the highway, you know, the mamby pamby guy who is towing his gigantic RV at 60 mph when the speed limit is 80. You'll find me in the right lane with lots of space between me and the guy in front of me, I do that so people will feel comfortable pulling in front of me to get to the exit and then slamming on the brakes so they can safely take the exit.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast