User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

395M Residential Fridge

Anybody put a residential fridge in a 395M ? If so, what brand, who did the install, and, would you do it again ? TIA y'all !!

Rich

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    Anybody put a residential fridge in a 395M ? If so, what brand, who did the install, and, would you do it again ? TIA y'all !!

Rich
    Go to Lowes or HD. They have several on display usually. Samsung & Hisence are usually there. You are looking for counter depth refrigerators. My BIL will be putting one in this spring in his 376. I plan to do the same next year. My BIL did this in his motorhome a few years back and was very happy with the results. Energy efficiency is a big plus going to residential unit.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    Go to Lowes or HD. They have several on display usually. Samsung & Hisence are usually there. You are looking for counter depth refrigerators. My BIL will be putting one in this spring in his 376. I plan to do the same next year. My BIL did this in his motorhome a few years back and was very happy with the results. Energy efficiency is a big plus going to residential unit.
    Went to both Lowes and Home Depot today...just browsing...saw several we liked. From what i can see they draw between 6 and 11 amp per hour...we will go to residential after purchase...guess we'll get measurements after purchase. Is "counter depth" an industry standard term that i could use with a sale person ? We really liked the Kitchen Aid, but, PRICEY !! go figure....

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gn4J9JyFB64y7ehk7

Hardest part is getting it in the hole. Need a furniture roller or some other way to get it up because lifting it is extremely difficult due to the space restraints.

That particular fridge fits perfectly and there is only a quarter of an inch or so with the slides in between the handle and the counter. I had to cut some from the top to make it fit plus anchor it with metal straps from the back. Removed the gas line and sealed the back vents to keep outside humid air out.

No regrets, the norcold is garbage. I put a kilowatt on there and it indicates $40+ a month electric vs $5 and change for the residential. Much less the terrible cooling (hot weather) and need to defrost.

Would do it again.
    Last edited by Aridon; 03-08-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to both Lowes and Home Depot today...just browsing...saw several we liked. From what i can see they draw between 6 and 11 amp per hour...we will go to residential after purchase...guess we'll get measurements after purchase. Is "counter depth" an industry standard term that i could use with a sale person ? We really liked the Kitchen Aid, but, PRICEY !! go figure....
    They all had counter depth marked on ticket. From what I saw they are all pretty close to same dimensions. Measurements were also on all tickets that I checked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Yes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gn4J9JyFB64y7ehk7

Hardest part is getting it in the hole. Need a furniture roller or some other way to get it up because lifting it is extremely difficult due to the space restraints.

That particular fridge fits perfectly and there is only a quarter of an inch or so with the slides in between the handle and the counter. I had to cut some from the top to make it fit plus anchor it with metal straps from the back. Removed the gas line and sealed the back vents to keep outside humid air out.

No regrets, the norcold is garbage. I put a kilowatt on there and it indicates $40+ a month electric vs $5 and change for the residential. Much less the terrible cooling (hot weather) and need to defrost.

Would do it again.
    I was gone from trailer in December. The only thing running was the refrigerator. Electric bill for that month was $63. In contrast, I have a fridge in my shed on a lot in GA. It makes almost no difference to my electric bill. $5.00 or less from what I saw.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am gathering that the residential fridge is a factory option ? I called GDRV and the lady at customer service was not able to tell me whether the option was available or not...if so, problem solved...having said that I wonder if i could have my preference in residential drop shipped to GDRV for factory install ?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am gathering that the residential fridge is a factory option?
    Yes, it's available as a factory option. You can choose either an RV fridge or residential - same price. If you go to Grand Design's website, you can do a "Build and Price" on the 395M and see what other options are available.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

395M Residential Fridge

Does the 395 come with an inverter or do you have to add it in addition to the residential fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MagnoliaTom; 03-14-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaTom View Post
    Does the 395 come with an inverter or do you have to add it in addition to the residential fridge?
    It will come with a 1,000w inverter if you order the residential fridge and a 2,000w inverter if you order the solar package.
    Last edited by bertschb; 03-14-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast