User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exterior propane quick connect pressure?

Good evening all. First time poster....but have been lurking for a few months learning from all of you.

I have a new 2019 Reflection 287RLTS travel trailer. I would like to run my outside table top Stansport propane stove off of the RV propane system.

I have the the quick connect fittings and hose.....but the pressure from the underbody propane quick connect seems too low....11" W.C.? My stove requires 16 PSI. I thought exterior quick connect ports were "high pressure" 16 PSI. Can any of you confirm this?

Has anyone else come across this issue and how did you resolve it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Phil
    2019 Reflection 287RLTS Travel Trailer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry everyone.......this should have been posted under Reflection travel trailers......probably common issue though.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't say for sure on the Grand Design as I haven't looked for the port on ours. Our previous Keystone 5th wheel had the port on the lines below the regulator so it was low pressure. I had to delete the regulator on the grill I ran off it. I'm sure the GD would be the same as the regulator is right at the bottles.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The propane lines on your trailer are regulated you will need to remove the regulator on your appliance not the trailer. I ran into this problem with my blackstone griddle. I ordered a line with a quick disconnect and a quick disconnect fitting for the blackstone. I also have a 6' hose that I can connect to a 20lb tank and the original regulator for my Blackstone.
    You can't double regulate propane going to an appliance.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iproff1; 03-01-2020 at 09:06 PM.
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not as smart as ya'all. My Momentum has a regulator at the propane tank valve, it feeds into a quick connect for the fold down stove in the right rear bay, I don't like that stove, never turned it on. But I do have a portable gas grill that I like, so looking at it, hmmm... if I get a longer hose and an adapter the propane from the rV can hook into the gas grill. I tossed the regulator for the grill, hooked up the hose, and tada... I grill. Flame probably isn't as large as with a direct connect, but it works fine for me.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your replies so far. I have directly connected my Stansport cook stove (without it's regulator) to the RV propane quick connect under the trailer. But the pressure seems too low to run this stove. I may have to install a separate 16 PSI ("high pressure") propane line from the onboard bottles. This would be an add-on along with the already existing RV regulator (11" W.C) required for all the trailer appliances. Has anyone done this? I see that some trailer brands already run a high pressure line with a quick connect for customers to use. Thanks for your input.