Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homeless people and security

It may just be me, but I think I have observed more homeless people this year than in previous years. I know a good part of that is the places I have traveled, CA-OR-WA seem to particularly crowded with homeless individuals. Warm weather.

Some are obviously schizo, talking to themselves, jerking around, obviously not aware of their surroundings. Many are just sad, half starved. Some obvious junkies. Beggars on street corners always. It breaks my heart to see people living like that. I know I can't fix all of it, I probably can't fix any of it.

The last couple of RV parks here in CA have had night patrols.

I do the normal stuff, lock all the bays, don't leave anything out at night, lock the truck, lock the door, feed the dog some coffee so she will stay awake all night. I know there have been isolated incidents across the nation, but has anyone here experienced a specific problem? Or is it like rattlesnakes while desert hiking, you know they are there, it could be a potential problem, but mostly it isn't.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it goes back to the other thread that has recently discussed self defense, be aware of your surroundings. Not all homeless people are bad or dangerous. I think you should take safety precautions regardless if there are homeless people around or not.

We stayed at an Air Force fam camp for a little while a few years back which wasn't actually located on a military base. The campground allowed numerous homeless people to stay there for free. They only occupied the tent areas behind the office away from the RV sites. They all stayed in tents and never bothered any of the RV people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have noticed a fairly big increase in homeless people wandering the area here in FL. A few have been chased out of our park this season. Bikes and unattended laptops (just for a couple mins) have disappeared. It doesn't take long for an opportunist to take advantage of someone to trusting. We lock up our trailer and storage bays.

There was a sign put out by the authorities recently saying to lock your things up and not leave things out for easy pickings as you drive back to the area where we are along with several different neighborhoods. That tells us the increase is more than we see visually.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/