User Tag List

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a word.... no. We don't get frightened by hysteria, never have. We take precautions, always have. There will always be disruptions to plans of all kinds, from a variety of sources.

We just go forth and conquer. [emoji2]

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For summer camping - this will not change our plans. We take precautions like hand washing, etc. and we will be very aware of our surroundings and check reports (if available).
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No..........
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I plan to be boondocking and remote away from people as much as possible this summer, shouldn't hurt our survival rate
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually camp at State parks and we don’t usually hang around crowds so I don’t see this changing my camping trips. If anything it may make it easier to book campground reservations unless campgrounds close.

I don’t take the flu shot because last time I took it 3 days after the shot I woke up with sudden hearing loss. It took 10 weeks of heavy doses of prednisone to improve but now I only have one good hearing ear. It was likely coincidental but I don’t want to take the chance.

Saying that, two years ago I caught the flu and it knocked me on my butt. I’ve never been as sick as that ever. I have since taken the series of 2 Pneumonia Shots without any negative reaction. Being in my 70’s I’m now concerned with my ability to naturally fight off infection. Last year the 35 year old daughter of my wife’s best friend developed pneumonia after after getting the flu and died from complications from the pneumonia.

Current there’s no cure or treatment for the Corona virus. They just treat symptoms. This is a scary scenario.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Current there’s no cure or treatment for the Corona virus. They just treat symptoms. This is a scary scenario.
    There currently are no cures for any virus. Treating HIV is about as close as we've come, but it's more of a controlling the virus than a cure from what I've read.

Each years 10's of thousands in the USA die because of the flu. The only thing that appears different with this bug is that it's easier to transmit since people don't know they haven't. Taking the normal precautions of washing hands and not touching ones face.

I'm not picking on your Jerryr. I'm just wanting to point out that following normal behavior which works to prevent the spread of the flu will help here. More people are likely to die from fear than the COVID-19 if we allow fear to take hold. On another forum I read people are talking about stocking up, not just on face masks and toilet paper, but stating people should go out and get 6 months to a year of any prescription. Our supply chain is built knowing approximately how much of a given medicine is needed at any given time. One can't just ramp up production overnight. If there's a run on certain medicines because people are afraid they'll not have enough it will cause others will not get any. There are plenty of medications that actually keep people alive verses just being pain free, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are leaving Friday for Bandon in Oregon, and have discussed, what, if any changes we should make.

Once we get to our camp, I don't see any issues to worry much about. We are clean freaks so we will continue to utilize sanitizer and washing hands frequently.

With respect to the "road trip" part, I anticipate not utilizing fast food places, and just stopping and fixing something in the 5er, or just eating out of our cooler, in the truck, all the way up and back.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    The only thing that appears different with this bug is that it's easier to transmit since people don't know they haven't. Taking the normal precautions of washing hands and not touching ones face.
    That and the mortality rate. The flu has a .1% mortality rate on average. The numbers being reported, at least that I've seen are between .7% and 2.3% Not sure how they figure these things as according to the WHO there are about 90k confirmed cases and about 3K deaths which is well over 3%. (with the vast majority in China, though now growing faster outside of China than inside). As of today we have about 100 confirmed cases in the US and 6 deaths. Better/earlier detection and treatment will improve that I'm sure.

Its just so new that the unknowns are extreme. So i will just monitor the situation and act accordingly. I really doubt it will impact anything we do but its way to early to make that claim for certain. I can say we're not headed to Asia in the near future. We have decades/centuries of experience with the flu. We have what, a few months with this?

It starts to spread unchecked around the country, well I cant see taking my kids to a highly dense place like Disney with visitors from around the world.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one actually knows IF they have been infected in @ first 10 days and consequently, are spreading it before their symptoms are evident.
    This is the big problem.
    That said....how can any of us actually know if we are heading into a "hot zone" before we actually arrive OR our "government" decides to notify us ??

IF washing your hands for 20 seconds with hot water is protection, what about everything you touch BEFORE you wash your hands ??
    It's been noted that the virus can survive for up to 9 days on inanimate surfaces aka CASH !!
    https://www.livescience.com/how-long...-surfaces.html

i merely want to point out that this novel virus is still largely unknown and since it affects seniors, (more than any other demographic),
    I feel it warrants more respect and more caution that the common H1N1 flu, (which is dangerous enough)

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    In a word.... no. We don't get frightened by hysteria, never have. We take precautions, always have. There will always be disruptions to plans of all kinds, from a variety of sources.

We just go forth and conquer. [emoji2]

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    We feel the same way. Use the same common sense approach you would with the flu. We are taking a 50th anniversary cruise the end of April with our whole family. It would suck if there was an extended quarantine but, I refuse to live my life in fear and that is what the press likes to sell (news ?). We've seen all this before with Sars, Mersa, Swine flu, Ebola etc. over the years. Use good common sense and " All you have to fear is fear itself" to quote a great American.
    Last edited by ksbowman; 03-02-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast