User Tag List

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Yep. I expect everyone will have a far greater respect for exponential growth from now on. While it is cold comfort now, I'm sure our response will be much faster and much more effective next time.
    OUR response, as a people, has been fine !!!
    The American people, ( for the most part), have been generous, considerate and well coordinated in our adherence to CDC guidelines.

The REAL PROBLEM lies in the lack of competent leadership in the recognition and timely address of this pandemic.

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    Yep. I expect everyone will have a far greater respect for exponential growth from now on. While it is cold comfort now, I'm sure our response will be much faster and much more effective next time.
    The exponential growth phase is actually a relatively short period in the life of disease outbreak (or any population intial growth) so there is too much hype about exponential growth. However...

We probably said "we won't let this happen again" in 1918 with H1N1. Again in 2009 with H1N1.... Measles?... Polio?

The sad truth is that humans don't tend to learn from history so we continue to repreat it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post

The REAL PROBLEM lies in the lack of competent leadership in the recognition and timely address of this pandemic.

Michael
    This is just the latest example of failed leadership in a crisis. ☹️

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a multi state trip planned for 2 weeks this summer to Rocky Mountain NP. We have been dreaming of this trip. Wonder if it will be back open by the end of June.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    The exponential growth phase is actually a relatively short period in the life of disease outbreak (or any population intial growth) so there is too much hype about exponential growth. However...

We probably said "we won't let this happen again" in 1918 with H1N1. Again in 2009 with H1N1.... Measles?... Polio?

The sad truth is that humans don't tend to learn from history so we continue to repreat it.
    I should have said "if it happens again in the next 30 years." I agree with your last sentence completely. Unfortunately the exponential growth is key here, as the rapidly accelerating growth is what puts us all at even greater risk due to overwhelming the hospitals and exhaustion of key supplies (ventilators, drugs, O2 concentrators/bottles, etc.).
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The governor of Georgia issued a state wide shelter in place order to go in effect at noon tomorrow so my local camping reservations for this weekend just got canceled. I'm still going to take my vacation days off of work. Will just camp out in the backyard.

I do have reservations for memorial weekend. Maybe by then we'll get to go.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just was finalizing my last couple of cancellations this morning with our spring trip that was going to happen the week after Easter. The one was at a Virginia County campground and it was shown as cancelled but I didn't see my refund on my credit card statement. Lucky for us we only had one other and were close to a coin flip for the others if we should just "wing it" due to time of the year. Our first reservation was cancelled via E mail. Full refund due to the virus which is right way to go about things.

Now we had a another trip planned for Knoebel's in PA, but their season start time got moved back 2 weeks and possible further adjustments could occur with the way everything is going. They were able to move us into another site for the time being but completely understood if things changed.

Summer we have a month booked at our regular place. That should not change but who knows. We have no additional trips planned for the summer for the trailer. Fall is the same situation. No future plans. However, we briefly thought about doing Disney if the deals are good and I can get the time off. If the economy kicks back into gear and roars back to life quickly, I might be working long hours to keep up.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the email I've been waiting for... June Vancouver to AK cruise has been cancelled by Disney. I'm pleased with the compensation offers, which include a full refund. It's a bummer that we won't be able to go, but this is the decision I wanted them to make based on the current arc of the pandemic.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hey All,
    I'm considering a trip West and North this spring/summer and am now concerned about our latest thing... Coronavirus !!

Is this altering anyone's summer trips ??? How are you full-timers handling this ??

Michael
    Thoughts are with the full timers. We are campers and going out as often as we feel . . . when park space available. This is the big problem with schools closed, and COE closed down, most of the State parks in Texas we have attempted to visit are booked solid like summer. Don't know why COE closed their parks, as human interaction there is minimal, but they did. Few places better to be during this ting than camping. Stay safe.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Thoughts are with the full timers. We are campers and going out as often as we feel . . . when park space available. This is the big problem with schools closed, and COE closed down, most of the State parks in Texas we have attempted to visit are booked solid like summer. Don't know why COE closed their parks, as human interaction there is minimal, but they did. Few places better to be during this ting than camping. Stay safe.
    COE probably closed, not because of their worry about the visitors, but their staff. An RVer coming in might have limited interaction with the staff. Unfortunately, the staff would have interaction with 10's or maybe 100's of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast