User Tag List

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Still heading to the West coast, San Diego, Vegas, Yosemite, Sequoia, canyon in April and not concerned one bit. Took the steps to secure a good bit of Albuterol just in case but not changing our plans.
    Curious, how your trip GO? Any travel supply camping spot issues encountered?
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hey All,
    I'm considering a trip West and North this spring/summer and am now concerned about our latest thing... Coronavirus !!

Is this altering anyone's summer trips ??? How are you full-timers handling this ??

Michael
    Never stopped camping during the "lockdown'. Been great. Summer could be crowded.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Never stopped camping during the "lockdown'. Been great. Summer could be crowded.
    We have been camping and working thru this crap too. Our rig was at our Oregon Coast member site the day the all of Oregon closed down. We were working during the week and camping on the weekends. We had the chose to stay at the coast of we paid for the monthly fee. We decided to take the Solitude home.
    2 weeks later; we decided to go to our Central Oregon member campground and pay for the month. Luckily the fee for members is only $250. We have been going home on Sunday for 5 weeks and coming back to camp Thursday evening after working 4 / 10's. Camp is just over 2 hours and with very little traffic, it a pretty relaxing drive in the Oregon scenic Cascades on highway 58.

We've been eating good. (cooked on the GMG)

And work has been paying for food too when I come over in the work van to do my service route on Wednesday's, I'll stay in the Solitude then too.

There have been some great sunsets and some nice rides on the motorcycle too.

It;s going to be different next weekend as we will be staying at the stick house for a week or so.

Safe travels everyone and hopefully the country can get back to some form of normality very soon. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlife View Post
    We have a 4 month trip planned beginning May 4th. Traveling west across southern Texas and making our way to California by June 1st. Airfare booked for grandson to join us in Phoenix. Six weeks in California visiting national parks. Most reservations are made. First big trip in our new rig. Totally bummed!! May 4 is only six weeks away.
    We cancelled our entire California trip. To date, we would have experienced the following closings:

Facility closures in Arkansas
    Stephen Austin SP in Texas
    The Alamo in San Antonio
    Big Bend National Park
    Guadalupe National Park
    White Sands National Park
    Saguaro National Park (visitor center and restrooms)

It was the RIGHT decision. Some campgrounds have not charged for cancellations.
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesy View Post
    I'm still going to all of my planned trips .Starting with Nashville in May.
    So, how did that may trip go? We may not visit Yellowstone, the crowds will be worse than normal, and dont want to be rubbing shoulders with a bunch of strangers. May still go west but avoiding big crowds curious about your trip?
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    So, how did that may trip go? We may not visit Yellowstone, the crowds will be worse than normal, and dont want to be rubbing shoulders with a bunch of strangers. May still go west but avoiding big crowds curious about your trip?
    This might be the best year in recent history (and perhaps of our lifetimes) to visit Yellowstone. I've been there a few times, and more than ANY other park I've ever been to, Yellowstone attracts a LOT of international travel. All those busses you see in the park, they are almost all people from other countries here to see it. I really, really doubt that's going to happen in any significant quantities this year, even if it's allowed (free travel here for tourists), will people in other countries really do it in the quantity they did it in 2019? I'd bet a lot of money the answer is "NO!". Now, of course, there could be more Americans driving there, that is certainly true, but I have to believe, given its location/isolation (requires a plane flight from most major population areas to get there in any reasonable amount of time), I just don't think you'll see it, even domestic. People want to drive somewhere for vacation this year/vacation closer to home.

I could be wrong, but, I'm still thinking about making a fall trip out there, especially if the traffic numbers start to come in really low. It's the only park I've been too that's really "too crowded" at times, seeing it without that crowding would be amazing and worth the 2000 mile drive if I can make the time.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    This might be the best year in recent history (and perhaps of our lifetimes) to visit Yellowstone. I've been there a few times, and more than ANY other park I've ever been to, Yellowstone attracts a LOT of international travel. All those busses you see in the park, they are almost all people from other countries here to see it. I really, really doubt that's going to happen in any significant quantities this year, even if it's allowed (free travel here for tourists), will people in other countries really do it in the quantity they did it in 2019? I'd bet a lot of money the answer is "NO!". Now, of course, there could be more Americans driving there, that is certainly true, but I have to believe, given its location/isolation (requires a plane flight from most major population areas to get there in any reasonable amount of time), I just don't think you'll see it, even domestic. People want to drive somewhere for vacation this year/vacation closer to home.

I could be wrong, but, I'm still thinking about making a fall trip out there, especially if the traffic numbers start to come in really low. It's the only park I've been too that's really "too crowded" at times, seeing it without that crowding would be amazing and worth the 2000 mile drive if I can make the time.
    While there add Glacier National Park. I've been there twice, both times in the off season, the first time just after 9/11/2001. Even then the roads were just congested by mid morning until the evening hours.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829