User Tag List

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Coronavirus change your RV summer plans ??

Hey All,
    I'm considering a trip West and North this spring/summer and am now concerned about our latest thing... Coronavirus !!

Is this altering anyone's summer trips ??? How are you full-timers handling this ??

Michael
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 03-02-2020 at 12:25 PM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably won't alter our normal camping trips but we are scheduled for 2 weeks at Disney, that may get changed if the problem keeps growing. Not normally one to get worked up about such things but if we start seeing thousands of cases in the US then precautions will need to be taken
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't alter what we do or where we decide to go. IF there were a major outbreak someplace I would just change directions and keep going..
    Do you stay home due to the flu outbreaks ? Lots of people die from the flu every year but that doesn't mean we all stay home.

Become aware and don't touch your face, eyes or mouth while out. Wash hands frequently. I always clean cart handles, the one time I forget I get a cold or some other bug going around. I'm not a germophobe by any means, but do my best to stay healthy
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hey All,
    I'm considering a trip West and North this spring/summer and am now concerned about our latest thing... Coronavirus !!

Is this altering anyone's summer trips ???

Michael
    We're on an organized RV caravan this summer. We'll go unless the caravan gets cancelled.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

I won't alter what we do or where we decide to go. IF there were a major outbreak someplace I would just change directions and keep going..
    Isn't that the very definition of altering your plans
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got an AK Disney cruise scheduled, but I may opt out if things don't look good. We'll see what happens in the next month or two. Right now I'd say we're looking at it eventually becoming endemic as the loose-ends are becoming more numerous daily. The trick is to get this worked through the population at a pace the medical system can handle.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Isn't that the very definition of altering your plans
    Not at all...we have absolutely no plans in place this summer to change ! this is going to be a gypsy wander about of going where ever the wind blows us and take our chances at the end of summer.
    We very rarely go to big cities or crowded attractions for trips . Tend to do those at off peak times whenever we can.
    Yellowstone and the masses there was culture shock for us !! We went into the park at unusually early hours to avoid the crowds after the first day.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    We've got an AK Disney cruise scheduled, but I may opt out if things don't look good. We'll see what happens in the next month or two. Right now I'd say we're looking at it eventually becoming endemic as the loose-ends are becoming more numerous daily. The trick is to get this worked through the population at a pace the medical system can handle.
    I've seen a few articles which speak about how this virus doesn't affect everyone in the same manner. There are many mild cases where people believe they just have a cold. Because China either didn't wish to or didn't have the ability their confirmed cases are probably very understated. So, the patients we do see are the worst ones and those who probably didn't seek medical attention soon enough. While it's just being hopeful of course I believe we'll do better because we've had advanced warning of how it spreads. Like everyone has been stating and it's true for the flu season. Wash ones hands frequently and don't touch your face. My concern with a cruise wouldn't be that I would come down with the virus, but that a few others on board might and then the whole ship would be locked down like the one in Japan. That could suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I've seen a few articles which speak about how this virus doesn't affect everyone in the same manner. There are many mild cases where people believe they just have a cold. Because China either didn't wish to or didn't have the ability their confirmed cases are probably very understated. So, the patients we do see are the worst ones and those who probably didn't seek medical attention soon enough. While it's just being hopeful of course I believe we'll do better because we've had advanced warning of how it spreads. Like everyone has been stating and it's true for the flu season. Wash ones hands frequently and don't touch your face. My concern with a cruise wouldn't be that I would come down with the virus, but that a few others on board might and then the whole ship would be locked down like the one in Japan. That could suck.
    I agree. There are likely a huge number of unreported cases in China (and increasingly elsewhere) which is good news in terms of the survival rate. The majority of cases are mild, thankfully. If we can work this through the population at a modest rate we can hopefully keep the hospitals and ICUs available and ready to help those with more severe cases.

WRT the cruise, it's really sort-of a worst-case situation. Lots of people, lots of kids, small space, small infirmary, route is largely remote... and the possibility of a quarantine. We'll see how the world looks in June and make a call.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    WRT the cruise, it's really sort-of a worst-case situation. Lots of people, lots of kids, small space, small infirmary, route is largely remote... and the possibility of a quarantine. We'll see how the world looks in June and make a call.
    Kids and cruises .... yuck! :-) Talk about a petri dish even without this virus.

Disney doesn't goof around and I would expect they'll be on top of things.

I hope the trip goes smoothly for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast