Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul--it's been fun keeping up with your posts and the excitement and yes maybe apprehension with your new GDRV. We too went through the same thing in April, 2014 and could not be more happy with our 303 not to mention the GDRV team and great people on this site. Enjoy your new Christmas present and post some pictures when you get it so we can see your big smile !!!

Dan & Carol
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Paul--it's been fun keeping up with your posts and the excitement and yes maybe apprehension with your new GDRV. We too went through the same thing in April, 2014 and could not be more happy with our 303 not to mention the GDRV team and great people on this site. Enjoy your new Christmas present and post some pictures when you get it so we can see your big smile !!!

Dan & Carol
    Will do Guys! BTW, I actually do other things besides post here but I can't let one response go by without reading it and responding
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new Reflection!
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your new 337! We bought an early 2015 337rls and love it. I wanted a 15' model because of the switch to gel coat sides on the Reflection. I didn't want another unit with the laminate Filon siding again! It's cool to see how GD has listened to owners and made changes since our unit was built in June, although we prefer our old style bedroom with the free standing dresser and the larger window! Even with a few issues, the Reflection is built better, and finished nicer than a lot of higher end units on the market today. Here's to many years of good times thanks to Grand Design!
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Owner Wanna Be
    I did a search for a dealer in the San Diego area and was sent to Fountain Valley.
    Is there a dealer in your area?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owner Wanna Be View Post
    I did a search for a dealer in the San Diego area and was sent to Fountain Valley.
    Is there a dealer in your area?
    Nope, Fountain Valley, Mike Thompson, is where we bought our last Cougar and this Grand Design. The next seems to be up around Pismo, Trailer Hitch RV or something like that. We were pleased with our deal from Mike Thompson.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppy, how do you like Mike Thompson's? They are literally across the street from my parent's house in FV.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This will be our second new 5th wheel from them. I think I would judge them about the same as most to be honest. With Grand Design we are really stuck with a very limited number of dealers. Our salesman, TJ Reeves, was a very nice guy but I wouldn't say he was the most informed about the rig. Tried to convince me it had a 6 gallon water heater and a couple other very minor things that I knew weren't correct. He had been to GD's factory which was nice. I felt we got a fair deal and they worked really well with us on our trade-in. He was real motivated because this sale will really make his year if the trailer is delivered before the end of the year. I just spoke with them this morning and he claims it should arrive today or tomorrow. I think they are going to push to get it PDI'd and my dealer installed options taken care of so we can pick it up before Thursday. We'll see. I went in fairly informed about both the unit I wanted and the deal I wanted. I stuck to my guns and ended up happy. For instance, they had a 2015 337RLS on the lot and wanted me to buy it but I knew, from reading and asking lots of questions on line, that it was an early production model and I wanted some very specific things that only came on the newer production models like the factory hitch, remodeled couch, new bedroom layout (dresser and window), etc. I refused to take the unit they had and so they checked the factory and they had one destined for the dealership (Mike Thompson has 3 stores as you probably know) so I took that one and insisted on paying the same amount. Come to find out the 337 they had had been on the lot for 10 months which surprised me.

Bottom line is if you are asking if I would recommend them, I would but with the caveat that you should go in informed and understand what you want and expect and be prepared to walk if things don't work out. I guess that's true of any dealer though, right?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear ya! I always do my homework on these things, especially when buying a new car. Dealers are surprisingly (not so surprising anymore) uneducated about their products. This will be our first purchase, I'm hoping by mid 2015, so I'm trying to get as much information as possible. It would also be nice if we could see an "options" list that the dealer uses. We know there are more than what is shown on the website. I would even be happy to see it without the prices, although it would be better with. The other tough part is picking which Momentum floorplan we want.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every dealer has the current MSRP list with all of the prices on it. It’s also available directly from Grand Design. I would email them and get the current one. It might even be a good idea to get both - one from the dealer, one from GD.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast