User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't get residential refrigerator to power down

Greetings. After returning from a brief camping trip (where everything worked fine) and restowing our 2017 Solitude 360RL-R in a covered, powered & climate controlled stall; I have been unable to properly de-energize the trailer for long-term storage. I am connected to GFI-protected, 120VAC/20A power. In the past, I have disabled all circuit breaker switches except Main, Converter & Inverter to allow the two batteries to charge and for on-demand lighting when we check on the unit. Disabling the "REFER" circuit breaker has always de-energized the Samsung Residential Refrigerator...until now. In fact, the refrigerator stays ON after removing the AC power, disabling all circuit breakers and removing the battery disconnect key! All other electrical systems appearing to be working normally. How is this possible? The only anomaly I've noticed is that the GFI tripped on the shore power recently (and reset properly). Obviously, we don't want the refrigerator ON during long-term storage. Surely I am missing something simple. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Solitude Electrical Panel - Storage.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	25154

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how your RV is wired but have you manually shut off the inverter (not with breakers or the battery cutoff switch)? My 2019 Solitude 373FB-R had an inverter switch in the hallway. I had to press that button to turn the inverter on and off. A green light indicated when it was on. Maybe your unit is wired so the inverter powers the fridge directly and bypasses the A/C panel when running on the inverter? I dunno. But, turning the inverter off is a quick and easy test. Let us know what you find out.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our previous 5th wheel had a residential and we had to move all the setting to "0" or blank on the digital indicator and it would power down. There should be a way to do the same on that fridge.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes, I completely forgot about the Inverter switch. I will check that out shortly. Thanks for the reminder bertschb!

Still scratching my head on how the refrigerator is wired and able to operate when I have removed shore power and disconnected the batteries (via key)??

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpediem View Post
    Still scratching my head on how the refrigerator is wired and able to operate when I have removed shore power and disconnected the batteries (via key)??
    The battery cutoff switch is not a true cutoff switch. With the switch off, you still have power to some systems (e.g. CO detector and a few other things). It's possible that for RV's equipped with an inverter and fridge that GD wired the RV so the battery cutoff doesn't remove power from the inverter. You will find out soon!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your rig is wired as it should be, you need to shut the inverter itself off or physically pull the cables from the battery terminals.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was it. Turned the Inverter switch off and the refrigerator went to sleep. Thanks for the assist!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!
    Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 374TH-R, the wires from the inverter go directly to the battery. With the inverter switch off and the breaker labeled "refer" off the frig will be powered off. Looking at all the wiring for the frig is a nightmare.
    I was hoping to power the living room outlets including the tv, but had no luck.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question. We have the same rig. I can not get the remote switch to turn off and the ref will not work now unless on shore power. Not sure where the inverter is but have an idea looking behind the drawers in the kitchen. I see a green light on down there that I think should not be on. Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast