User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for your further responses. The rusty looking colour comes from the wearing of the primer on the hitch face, which I used on the metal before I painted it with the black metal paint, but that was two to three years ago. There is no rust on the hitch plate. Here are a couple of pictures of the hitch face, where you can see the primer showing through the black. I do agree that probably the slotted plate may not have as much structural strength as the solid hole. I think the hitch plate looks pretty smooth, but others may not agree. /Users/richardclark/Desktop/IMG/Users/richardclark/Desktop/IMG_1115.jpeg_1116.jpeg Let me know what you think.

Rich
    2019 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 DENALI SRW DURAMAX

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for your subsequent answers. The rust looking colour is actually primer, which I used on the hitch face, when I cleaned it up two or three years ago and repainted it. The hitch is now almost 18 years old. I have attached a couple of pictures that I took today. Let me know what you think. I do agree that probably the solid hole lube plate is more sturdy around the pin. It is pretty much unanimous that you don't grease the hitch face or the lube plate.

/Users/richardclark/Desktop/IMG_1117.jpeg/Users/richardclark/Desktop/IMG_1116.jpeg
    2019 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get another lub plate at any RV store. They are made of Teflon and last a long time. They are only about $10. The hole in mine wore out so I had to replace mine.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10" ones are readily available but not 12". I had to purchase the 12" on line at Amazon. I have a 10" spare that I took off when I replaced it with the 12" slotted hole. At least that was the case from my RV dealer, which was in Langley, BC. Attached is the photo I tried to attach to the previous post.

RichClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1116.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	25227
    2019 310GK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12