User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement toilet seat

Any suggestions for replacing Thetford toilet seat. Currently our original one is cracked and slips to one side. Can we get replacement at Home Depot or Lowe’s and what do we have to be sure of before purchasing?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to getting a replacement at Lowe's or Home Depot. Just make sure you don't get an elongated seat (toilet seats come it two sizes). You can measure the hinge pin to the front of the bowl and side-to-side on the outside of the bowl and take those measurements with you to confirm. We're going to get a seat with a "soft close" lid as soon as we get around to it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yes to getting a replacement at Lowe's or Home Depot. Just make sure you don't get an elongated seat (toilet seats come it two sizes). You can measure the hinge pin to the front of the bowl and side-to-side on the outside of the bowl and take those measurements with you to confirm. We're going to get a seat with a "soft close" lid as soon as we get around to it.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. Went to Walmart and found a soft close wood with laminated finish. Not installed yet but says on wrap that it’s non- slip. Hope that’s true! Approximately $28.00 seemed reasonable.

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there are different automatic toilet seats, which you may looking for in the internet, there are even seats with heating settings. So, I think, you may check some sources like lists of best goods. Like this one. I'm not sure about their "experts", but I'm sure you may find there something you will like.
    Last edited by Magicshark; 05-19-2020 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen Green View Post
    Thanks Rob. Went to Walmart and found a soft close wood with laminated finish. Not installed yet but says on wrap that it’s non- slip. Hope that’s true! Approximately $28.00 seemed reasonable.
    I'm too late to this thread but my usual contribution to this question is the sometimes-unwanted advice to replace the toilet rather than just the seat.

I'm annoying like that simply because we like the Dometic 320 toilet SO much more than the Thetford. It is elongated and more comfortable, slightly higher, has a deeper bowl (more room beneath the user and more room to fill for occasional really-powerful flushes to keep the black tank stirred up), and has flush all the way around the rim (like a toilet at home) rather than just a spray from the front. Never thought I'd love a toilet but...

Advice for next time your toilet seat fails.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I'm too late to this thread but my usual contribution to this question is the sometimes-unwanted advice to replace the toilet rather than just the seat.

I'm annoying like that simply because we like the Dometic 320 toilet SO much more than the Thetford. It is elongated and more comfortable, slightly higher, has a deeper bowl (more room beneath the user and more room to fill for occasional really-powerful flushes to keep the black tank stirred up), and has flush all the way around the rim (like a toilet at home) rather than just a spray from the front. Never thought I'd love a toilet but...

Advice for next time your toilet seat fails.
    +1 for the 320. I replaced the Aqua Magic last winter when I came across a Dometic 320 on Craigslist. It was a second as the back flow vent was stuck. $30 and 15 minutes fixed that, I even added an optional spray. I won't go as far as Boyscout on the superlatives but it is much more accommodating. I tried a residential seat on the Thetford first but it really wasn't any better.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.