User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everyone that the Grand Design build quality is better. My big beef is that "WE" as "The Consumer" pay for this little "SEAL" on the side of our $60k plus camper stating that the unit was built with a higher quality standard. This same sticker that gets marked up most of the time, so that most dealers can make some money off of it. I had a dealer show me the MSRP build sheet and the "RVIA Seal" was $140 my cost. So with that I felt that ok, it's a small price to pay to make sure that the unit was built to a standard. Then when I open up the area and saw all of that...WOW!!!

I work in the oilfield as a Quality Assurance Specilist, my job is to audit venders on every tool that they build for the costumer I'm working for. If those tools are not inspected, built and tested to work properly, then they don't get shipped to the rig until it does.

All I ask is that I know that every inch of wire, pvc, carpet, etc. is saved, that's a profit for the manufacturer and in the end maybe the consumer too. But, I just want Grand Design to own this and try not to wrap romex around plumbing pipes to save a few inches in wire. Or have my breaker panel sit right in front of water and drain lines. This could be catastrophic to the consumer if something would happen and water got on everything.

Or just don't put this RVIA Seal on the camper if all it is, is just that...A STICKER!
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    I agree with everyone that the Grand Design build quality is better. My big beef is that "WE" as "The Consumer" pay for this little "SEAL" on the side of our $60k plus camper stating that the unit was built with a higher quality standard. This same sticker that gets marked up most of the time, so that most dealers can make some money off of it. I had a dealer show me the MSRP build sheet and the "RVIA Seal" was $140 my cost. So with that I felt that ok, it's a small price to pay to make sure that the unit was built to a standard. Then when I open up the area and saw all of that...WOW!!!

I work in the oilfield as a Quality Assurance Specilist, my job is to audit venders on every tool that they build for the costumer I'm working for. If those tools are not inspected, built and tested to work properly, then they don't get shipped to the rig until it does.

All I ask is that I know that every inch of wire, pvc, carpet, etc. is saved, that's a profit for the manufacturer and in the end maybe the consumer too. But, I just want Grand Design to own this and try not to wrap romex around plumbing pipes to save a few inches in wire. Or have my breaker panel sit right in front of water and drain lines. This could be catastrophic to the consumer if something would happen and water got on everything.

Or just don't put this RVIA Seal on the camper if all it is, is just that...A STICKER!
    RIVA is a group of manufacurers. It sounds good but what does it mean? When my AC unit was putting out over 80db of noise (above the OSHA Standard for permanent hearing loss), I learned RIVA has no standard for a noise level. I was also concerned about the entry steps that did not comply with the distance between each step as established in the building codes. The human body has learned the "normal" distance for steps..but, you better watch out getting in or out of an RV because RIVA has no standard here either. I have had guests almost fall and remark how irregular my steps were (new 4 step unit from Grand Design fixes this problem).

So I think RIVA is more eyewash for the factories than protection for the public.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    MSRP build sheet and the "RVIA Seal" was $140 my cost.
    You got robbed. My new Momentum RVIA Seal only cost me $135.

Sorry, couldn't resist. It still was at least $130 too much.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RVIA sticker is also required by some RV parks. It lets them keep out "homebuilt" units, conversions, things like that.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would advise all folks who are thinking about buying an RV to go on as many factory tours that they can before they buy. You will learn a lot more from these tours than any brochure or RIVA sticker will tell you. If you see workers RUNNING to get their tools and supplies and running to return them, and then running to their next task, you may want to question quality control. One friend got off an airplane when he observed a mechanic's lips to say "fu#$& it" as he was working on an engine. My friend got off the airplane, never flew again..the plane did have to land early. By the way, even the cheapest units have the RIVA sticker.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12