Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry RVIA "Sticker" is a joke!

You know that little sticker stuck to the side of your camper near the main entry door? Yea that's suppose to mean something (at least all the blogs suggest). But this came directly from gorving website

As you shop for the right vehicle, make sure you look for the oval-shaped Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) seal. RVIA is a national association representing RV manufacturers and parts suppliers who together produce more than 95% of all RVs manufactured in the United States.

As members of RVIA, manufacturers who display the seal must self-certify compliance with more than 500 safety specifications for electrical, plumbing, heating, fire and life safety established under the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard for Recreational Vehicles. Manufacturers are subject to periodic, unannounced plant inspections by RVIA representatives to audit their compliance. Members who fail to maintain an acceptable level of compliance can be expelled from the Association, which prohibits them from displaying the RVIA seal on their products.
    So I was told that this is put in place to protect the consumer and it makes the manufacturers build a better quality unit. I was also told that because I had this "SEAL" it means that my unit was built with higher Quality as in water lines would never intersect with electrical lines. Well, someone most be getting paid handsomely!!! Cause we as consumers actual pay double the price for this seal in our final price and we don't get the quality they say we do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	1159

This is a total rats nest of workmanship that was done on this 350M unit. I have electrical wires wrapped around drain pipes, I have water lines crossing over romex. Heck, my breaker panel has my main kitchen sink drain pipe running right behind it. So, when the pipe busts a leak, it will spray water all over the breaker box and probably cause an electrical fire. This is very disheartening knowing what I paid for this unit and this is the pride that was taken behind the walls?
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thompsjk
    If it makes you feel any better my 385TH looks just like that but it's a lot better than my last fifth wheel. My last one you could play a tune on some of the wires they were pulled so tight, I was nervous about sleeping in it. So it could be worse if you can imagine that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i have to agree on the RATS NEST. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed on the rats nest(s). There are others behind the electrical panel and the stereo system. I was really disappointed when I looked inside these areas.
    I am new to RV's but have been messing about with RV sized boats for years. To get boat insurance, you have to get a report from an independent licenced marine surveyor. I can tell you that the wiring and plumbing that I see in my Reflection 303 would not come anywhere close to passing a marine survey.
    If this is "as good as it gets" . . . the RV industry has a long way to go.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can go take pictures of a dozen units in our shop right now, and they all look the same....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because they all look the same, doesn't make it right.... what ever happened to pride in workmanship?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70
    I don't doubt for a second that what you say is true.
    I was just expressing my amazement that the "best" RV is no where close to minimum marine standards.
    I would not have thought that these two similar industries would have such different expectations.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    @huntr70
    I don't doubt for a second that what you say is true.
    I was just expressing my amazement that the "best" RV is no where close to minimum marine standards.
    I would not have thought that these two similar industries would have such different expectations.

Rob
    Well, most of the difference is that these are still land based, and don't float in water.

I can tell you from personal experience that even your stick and brick homes that fall under building codes are no where near perfect either.

If these RV's were what you and I would build, they would cost $200,000......
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RVs, houses, cars, boats, all built by humans for a company more interested in profits than pride.

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owned a lot of rvs and the Quality at Grand Design is probably the best I've seen. I feel safer in my Solitude 369RL than any rv I've been in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast