User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    The Stromberg Carlson rack is very tempting. The Honda 3000 ain't bad either.

Since we have a Microair EZ-Start we could mount the 2500 Westinghouse genny and 2.5 gals of gas on the rack... no problem. But, I just lost a few 5ers in the market, money may be tight for "fun" upgrades.
    Just a few...This market situation is beyond ridiculous. Panic. Bonds and income stuff did fine last week, but everything tanked this week. Definitely hampering our retirement plans.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a set of these for our 2670MK Mount-n-Lock SafetyStruts Prevent RV Bumper Failure TM (SSN-Standard, Black) from Amazon to give our bumper a little extra help. Inexpensive step to save the bumper welds from cracking. Will let you know how they work out whenever I can pull the trailer out to work on it.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solar panels on the roof. No fuel, no exhaust, no noise, no maintenance, no extra mounting questions...

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never found any bolt on item that I was comfortable with so I made my own rack. You should be able to find a welding shop that can make whatever you need.

I am completely confident with my 280lb generator, gas cans, grill and whatever else I can fit.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we bought our 18RBE I had that Stromburg/Carlson rack installed above the 30# propane tanks. We plan to boondock. The problem is that the generator is too high to easily fill with gas, it blocks access to the larger propane tanks and at 100#s it requires two people to get it off the rack and refuel. Plus the 30 amp plug on the trailer is at the opposit end of the trailer. I tried mounting it on the back bumper, but the spare tire is there already. So into the truck bed it went. Locked to the pickup cargo loops and secured with a 5 gallon tank of gas. I can pull it off and wheel it to the back of the trailer, where it gets locked to the bumper, or I can just leave it in the bed with a nice long power line.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    When we bought our 18RBE I had that Stromburg/Carlson rack installed above the 30# propane tanks. We plan to boondock. The problem is that the generator is too high to easily fill with gas, it blocks access to the larger propane tanks and at 100#s it requires two people to get it off the rack and refuel. Plus the 30 amp plug on the trailer is at the opposit end of the trailer. I tried mounting it on the back bumper, but the spare tire is there already. So into the truck bed it went. Locked to the pickup cargo loops and secured with a 5 gallon tank of gas. I can pull it off and wheel it to the back of the trailer, where it gets locked to the bumper, or I can just leave it in the bed with a nice long power line.
    This doesn’t help with the blocked access to the LP tanks, but we bought two pumps: one for gasoline, one for diesel. Search Amazon for: S&L-Winyer Battery Operated Transfer Pump for Gasoline. I hated climbing a ladder/stool with a full 5 gallon fuel can to fill our tractor (hard enough controlling the flow while standing on solid ground).
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a number of RV's with generators mounted on receiver hitch carriers. And I've seen'em bouncing up and down on the highway.

I would prefer to take one of the receiver hitch platforms and have two receivers welded on them, and a double fabricated hitch fastened securely to the RV frame. Northern Tool and Harbor Freight sell such parts.

If the inverter generator is 2000 watts, I'd just store it in the basement and pull it out as needed. I'd mount it on the rear if it's 3000+ watts and an inverter generator unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12