Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5er Bike Rack

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    What about the front of the TV? I have a front receiver that I use for my snow plow in the winter. It is rated for 500 pounds. Has anyone put their bike rack on the front of the TV?
    I have seen other posts on this before and most would not do that in case there was a restriction in cooling air to the radiator, intercooler, or trans cooler while driving. I know that would personally be a concern of mine......
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	45446
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	45446
    Pics
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    I have seen other posts on this before and most would not do that in case there was a restriction in cooling air to the radiator, intercooler, or trans cooler while driving. I know that would personally be a concern of mine......
    I've never had a problem with the cooling of my 6.7. Moved them from the roof to the front of my truck about three years ago. Pulled Ashland grade out of California on a 100*+ day. Everything did get warm but never danger hot. I have aftermarket gauge package to keep an eye on everything. The tubes on the bikes are small & create negligible airflow restriction. I could see a problem if you put a cover over the bikes to keep the bugs off them.
    I wouldn't put e-bikes up there, but then again I wouldn't own an e-bike.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I've never had a problem with the cooling of my 6.7. Moved them from the roof to the front of my truck about three years ago. Pulled Ashland grade out of California on a 100*+ day. Everything did get warm but never danger hot. I have aftermarket gauge package to keep an eye on everything. The tubes on the bikes are small & create negligible airflow restriction. I could see a problem if you put a cover over the bikes to keep the bugs off them.
    I wouldn't put e-bikes up there, but then again I wouldn't own an e-bike.
    Thanks for your feedback, I think I'm inclined to put the bikes on the back of the coach, about 150 pounds for the two bikes (they are e-bikes) and 50 pounds for the hitch, is that too much for the rear receiver?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way would I want my Ebikes on the front of my truck. Besides all the bugs and grim that would cover them if it rains they would get filthy along with possibly elec issues. Thats why I put them on the rear with a cover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
    I have researched the Fat Tire ebike rack market and have found most tire holding bike rack for the fat tire ebikes are prohibited for use on TTs and fifth wheel RVs. I have a Overdrive Sport 2-Bike 2" Hitch Mounted Rack and am wondering what I need to beef up in order to use it on my Reflection 26RL 5er. Any help is appreciated.
    This is the setup I have used and it's with a standard (short) bed GMC. I got the totes at Lowes but had to order online because they don't keep them in stock. E-bike fits beautifully both in the tote, as well as in the bed of my truck. I have since switched to the Reese Goosebox as well as a 2022 truck and have even more clearance. Cannot help you with them getting wet although there are covers available. Since I don't camp in the rain they never get wet.

Also I tried all the posted tricks to make the photos the correct orientation but could not. Perhaps a moderator can fix them.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1100.jpg   IMG_2346.jpg   IMG_0416.jpg  
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    Perhaps a moderator can fix them.
    OK, some moderators may be able to leap tall buildings at a single bound (think Rob or Marcy), but at least this moderator wouldn't know how to straighten your pictures.
    Stephen and Judy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenD View Post
    All I read on Hollywood racks, they require 350lb hitch! 303RLs is 300
    I saw that too, but maybe you or someone else can help me out. My bikes weigh 65 pounds each. I think the rack is about 70 pounds. 200 pounds total for 2 bikes plus the rack. I would be 100 pounds less than the 300 pounds the hitch is rated at. I know that the rack manufacturer would not stand behind me if the hitch failed, but my simple mind using simple logic tells me the rack and hitch should be ok together. I’d appreciate some thoughts on this. Thanks.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    I saw that too, but maybe you or someone else can help me out. My bikes weigh 65 pounds each. I think the rack is about 70 pounds. 200 pounds total for 2 bikes plus the rack. I would be 100 pounds less than the 300 pounds the hitch is rated at. I know that the rack manufacturer would not stand behind me if the hitch failed, but my simple mind using simple logic tells me the rack and hitch should be ok together. I’d appreciate some thoughts on this. Thanks.
    My math follows the same line of reasoning, the total weight on the hitch is way below the rated capacity of the hitch. Maybe if the rack were loaded to capacity you might have an issue.
    Stephen and Judy

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenD View Post
    All I read on Hollywood racks, they require 350lb hitch! 303RLs is 300
    That’s what I was led to believe also. i call GD customer service to verify and was referred to Lippert, as they built the chassis. I gave him the chassis serial number and he looked it up. For my 2019 303RLS, the hitch is rated for 350#. I gave him the specs for what I was planning to do (2-Lectric e-bikes with a Swagman carrier) and the weights. He said there should be no issues, as I would only be around 200-225#, well within capacity for the receiver. No problems so far.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast