User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coat rack for Reflection

After a few weeks in our Reflection, it was odd that there were no coat hooks anywhere. Yes, you could walk up into the bedroom and use the closet, but who is going to trounce through the camper to do that. Putting coat on the back of chair, ok, but kinda looks messy, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200305_125807.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	25196

I found these hooks online and they are a nice style and color match to the hardware in our 2020 model Reflection. I think they look great.

https://www.rokhardware.com/pilltop-...-hat-hook.html

The trick is to attach it somewhere. I used oak 1" x 3" stained with Minwax Ebony stain (as suggest by other posts here in the forum). That wall is between the kitchen and the bathroom on the stairs up to the bedroom (5th wheel Reflection). That wall contains the pocket door for the bathroom. That allowed me to peek into the wall with a flashlight and see that there were some nice framing pieces in that wall. A little careful measuring and a couple of wood screws, and it is very solid.

Wife is super happy with the solution and that I can hang up my wet rain gear and jacket.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    After a few weeks in our Reflection, it was odd that there were no coat hooks anywhere. Yes, you could walk up into the bedroom and use the closet, but who is going to trounce through the camper to do that. Putting coat on the back of chair, ok, but kinda looks messy, etc.

I found these hooks online and they are a nice style and color match to the hardware in our 2020 model Reflection. I think they look great.

The trick is to attach it somewhere. I used oak 1" x 3" stained with Minwax Ebony stain (as suggest by other posts here in the forum). That wall is between the kitchen and the bathroom on the stairs up to the bedroom (5th wheel Reflection). That wall contains the pocket door for the bathroom. That allowed me to peek into the wall with a flashlight and see that there were some nice framing pieces in that wall. A little careful measuring and a couple of wood screws, and it is very solid.

Wife is super happy with the solution and that I can hang up my wet rain gear and jacket.
    That looks nice.

By the time you head up the stairs to hang things there, why not use the closet? We put command hooks on either side of our recliner seats for our jackets. One by the door and one by the slide out.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 03-06-2020 at 09:39 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post

I like this. I've been looking for a good spot that didn't get in the way.
    Minwax Ebony stain huh? I'll give that a shot.
    Thanks for posting this.
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    That looks nice.

By the time you head up the stairs to hang things there, why not use the closet? We put command hooks on either side of our recliner seats for our jackets. One by the door and one by the slide out.
    Going all the way into the bedroom to use the closet means tracking more dirt onto the carpet... We always opt to keep jackets, sweatshirts, etc, closer to the main door and out of the bedroom.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 09-22-2020 at 06:07 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job!
    Just a hint, for wet rain jackets and other clothes when caught in a sudden downpour we use plastic suction cup hooks in the shower to hang these items to let them drip dry.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 09-22-2020 at 06:17 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar