User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
    With or without the MORryde adaptor kit?

I have the PullRite Superlite with the MorRryde pin box and I haven't had to get one, I went through this when I first got mines but you don't need it, I have been using mines for about a year now. So I don't know what they are talking about.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an AUH with a standard fixed pin box (no damping). The chucking etc is pretty bad. Does the dampened system like the morryde one really help in conjunction with the AUH? If so I may try to find one 2nd hand on CL.

Also - regarding the morryde suggestion of using the adapter - what would that actually do? I can't tell from the description / pics on their site.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve95628 View Post
    I have an AUH with a standard fixed pin box (no damping). The chucking etc is pretty bad. Does the dampened system like the morryde one really help in conjunction with the AUH? If so I may try to find one 2nd hand on CL.

Also - regarding the morryde suggestion of using the adapter - what would that actually do? I can't tell from the description / pics on their site.
    Yes - a LOT! The difference was night and day when we were towing with an AUH.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm.....this is interesting. I'd been wanting the Goosebox but reports are if you have a retractable bed cover like my Retrax MX, the Goosebox has a tendency to crush the inner rails of the bed cover when turning at sharper angles. The MorRyde with the AUH seems like a great alternative. How about the TrailAir pinbox with the AUH? The TrailAir with its air bladder, would seem to offer even more dampening than the MorRyde pinbox.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Hmmm.....this is interesting. I'd been wanting the Goosebox but reports are if you have a retractable bed cover like my Retrax MX, the Goosebox has a tendency to crush the inner rails of the bed cover when turning at sharper angles. The MorRyde with the AUH seems like a great alternative. How about the TrailAir pinbox with the AUH? The TrailAir with its air bladder, would seem to offer even more dampening than the MorRyde pinbox.
    I have the standard aluminum AUH that I use with the standard pin box on my '21 3550BH. See the pics of what happened doing a uturn in a cul-de-sac that is slightly off-camber. It scrapped it pretty bad but didn't affect the function. If I really want to I guess I could get a new rail. But I don't see the need. Rather that happen than the truck get damaged.

I called AUH and my dealer to complain. The dealer basically said too bad, with enough articulation it will always hit. AUH said yeah, we know that's why we just released a 2.5" taller version, model 3217, we can ship you one for $1000. Ugh. The good news is the one I have is basically brand new and I can sell on CL probably for close to what I paid for it. I went ahead and purchased the taller AUH. Will try that for a while. I had to get it directly from them as the dealers don't have it and aren't aware of it (at least mine was not).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retrax scratch 1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	31484

Name:	retrax scratch 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	31485

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MORryde King Pin Hitch and Andersen AUH

Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Yes - a LOT! The difference was night and day when we were towing with an AUH.

Rob

Name:	MORryde King Pin Side View.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	31486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORryde Kingpin Front View.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	31487
    I've been using this set up (see pics MORryde/AUH) for one year now full time. I have no complaints. The only warning in the package was to not use the RotoFlex with the AUH (as stated).

There are are a couple of truck bed measurements you must make in order to determine the orientation of the Andersen adapter on the kingpin. I really like my AUH. Little to no chucking, low weight etc. I do log chain and lock it to the truck bed to keep people honest. Also, I remove the ball when not towing.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post

Name:	MORryde King Pin Side View.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	31486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORryde Kingpin Front View.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	31487
    I've been using this set up (see pics MORryde/AUH) for one year now full time. I have no complaints. The only warning in the package was to not use the RotoFlex with the AUH (as stated).

There are are a couple of truck bed measurements you must make in order to determine the orientation of the Andersen adapter on the kingpin. I really like my AUH. Little to no chucking, low weight etc. I do log chain and lock it to the truck bed to keep people honest. Also, I remove the ball when not towing.
    Cool. I think I'll go this route. I have a lockable bed cover to keep the AUH secure when not attached to the trailer. But that's only while we're camping. Otherwise I remove it and store it with the trailer (so easy to remove)!

I was a little more concerned about someone taking the trailer and didn't want to spend the $s on the AUH hitch lock (this one) so I got some wheel chock locks (like used to boot a car). I figure those will slow someone down enough that someone will say something. Otherwise I guess insurance can take care of us. lol

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch! How much clearance did you have between the underside of your fiver and your bedrails with the old AUH? And how much do you now have with the new one? But yeah, that's always my worry with a fifth wheel. That's why the Goosebox won't work for me. It's got those huge sloping wings that will for sure destroy the rails of a bed cover.

I have the standard aluminum AUH that I use with the standard pin box on my '21 3550BH. See the pics of what happened doing a uturn in a cul-de-sac that is slightly off-camber. It scrapped it pretty bad but didn't affect the function. If I really want to I guess I could get a new rail. But I don't see the need. Rather that happen than the truck get damaged.

I called AUH and my dealer to complain. The dealer basically said too bad, with enough articulation it will always hit. AUH said yeah, we know that's why we just released a 2.5" taller version, model 3217, we can ship you one for $1000. Ugh. The good news is the one I have is basically brand new and I can sell on CL probably for close to what I paid for it. I went ahead and purchased the taller AUH. Will try that for a while. I had to get it directly from them as the dealers don't have it and aren't aware of it (at least mine was not).

Name:	retrax scratch 1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	31484

Name:	retrax scratch 2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	31485

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Ouch! How much clearance did you have between the underside of your fiver and your bedrails with the old AUH? And how much do you now have with the new one? But yeah, that's always my worry with a fifth wheel. That's why the Goosebox won't work for me. It's got those huge sloping wings that will for sure destroy the rails of a bed cover.
    I have 6 to 7 inches between the 5th wheel and the bed rails but the part that made contact was the backside of the pin-box. It only happened when the trailer rotated slightly due to the off-camber street making a u-turn. Anyway, the new hitch is 2.5" taller (per Andersen). I just got it 2 days ago but haven't towed with it yet. We're planning a trip in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to take measurements then. I'm hoping this will solve my contact issue!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you post up the part# of the new AUH with increased clearance? Thx

I have 6 to 7 inches between the 5th wheel and the bed rails but the part that made contact was the backside of the pin-box. It only happened when the trailer rotated slightly due to the off-camber street making a u-turn. Anyway, the new hitch is 2.5" taller (per Andersen). I just got it 2 days ago but haven't towed with it yet. We're planning a trip in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to take measurements then. I'm hoping this will solve my contact issue!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast