User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ball is in front to give me the most clearance to the cab as I can get. Usually it's enough but I did have contact between the Solitude and the F350 - broke the rear glass. Same corner, off camber cul de sac. I think the leaning due to the off camber and the tight turn was the right (wrong) combo. I avoid that cul de sac now and wind up backing the rig up to my house vs pulling around.

I also did get the taller version of the AUH and I do have a rubber mat under it but it's nowhere near 1 inch thick, especially once I put the weight of the trailer on it before I torque down the bolts.

BTW - I have about 7K miles on the AUH with the Solitude and love it. I wouldn't get anything else at this point - it's solid and so easy to remove.
    2020 Ford F-350 Tremor - upgraded with Air Lift 5K bags & S&B 60 gallon tank
    2021 GD Solitude 3550BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
    When I asked Andersen Hitches about using the AUH and the MORryde rubber pin box they referred me to MORryde. Below is the response from MORryde. They did not go into any detailed explaination as to why, but I believe it has to do with the surface contact area on the MORryde skid plate is less when using the Andersen adaptor and the MORryde kit includes a beefier skid plate.
    This is the response from MORryde when I inquired about RPB77-006 Gooseneck / Anderson Hitch Adapter .

Because the Anderson Hitch has a small “footprint”, where it attaches to the king pin of our rubber pin box, you will need our gooseneck adaptor kit. This will prevent our lower skid plate from cracking. The gooseneck adaptor kit includes a plate that is a full length plate that reinforces the king pin. The retainment blocks will allow fore and aft motion, but will lock down the side to side movement, so that the unit can’t dog-track when you are towing.
    Anything that has a ball adaptor could dog track as the shear spring in the pin box can move forward/backward and side to side. The side to side motion is dampened with the blocks to prevent the shear spring from moving to the side while you are towing with a ball.
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2021 Solitude S-Class 3550BH-R | SumoSprings Trailer Helper Spring | Morryde Rubber Pin Box | Disk Brakes (Stop Your Trailer)
    2020 F350 | SRW | SB | Platinum | 6.7 Diesel | 4x4 | PullRite SuperGlide Hitch 20K

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJaC View Post
    This is the response from MORryde when I inquired about RPB77-006 Gooseneck / Anderson Hitch Adapter .

Because the Anderson Hitch has a small “footprint”, where it attaches to the king pin of our rubber pin box, you will need our gooseneck adaptor kit. This will prevent our lower skid plate from cracking. The gooseneck adaptor kit includes a plate that is a full length plate that reinforces the king pin. The retainment blocks will allow fore and aft motion, but will lock down the side to side movement, so that the unit can’t dog-track when you are towing.
    Anything that has a ball adaptor could dog track as the shear spring in the pin box can move forward/backward and side to side. The side to side motion is dampened with the blocks to prevent the shear spring from moving to the side while you are towing with a ball.
    I have the PullRite Superlite #2600 hitch which is similar to the AUH I have search this and have ask people that have this setup and I've haven't find that not using the plate was a problem but I guess that it could be an issue, I haven't bought that plate for my setup yet but I might this get the plate so in the meantime I am watch my kingpin.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345