User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen Hitch with MORyde Rubber Pin Box

Looking for input on those of you using the Andersen Hitch that have the MORryde Rubber Pin Box. After reaching out to Andersen, they advised that we would need a goose neck adaptor plate with that pin box set up. Was this relatively straight forward to install? Any concerns or regrets?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kim_e83 View Post
    Looking for input on those of you using the Andersen Hitch that have the MORryde Rubber Pin Box. After reaching out to Andersen, they advised that we would need a goose neck adaptor plate with that pin box set up. Was this relatively straight forward to install? Any concerns or regrets?

Thanks in advance!
    This was just asked and answered last week - don't remember if it was this forum or the other one. You don't need to spend money on the so-called gooseneck adapter plate for the MORryde pin box and the Andersen Ultimate hitch. The AUH is not a gooseneck hitch, for one. Most any dampened pin box is fine with the AUH except the RotoFlex. The criterion for compatibility is that the pin box must keep the pin vertical in all directions at all times and, if this is the case, the pin plate will be horizontal at all times (the RotoFlex does not do this). The MORryde meets this criterion without any modification.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Second Chance. I use the AUH and a Morryde pin box. They work together quite nicely. No need for adapters or lockouts.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the Pullrite Superlite has the exact same issue as explained by Second Chance. A well known and reputable supplier said the Trailair Flexair was compatible with the Superlite so I bought one. But it has the same rotating pin plate as the Rota Flex. Like the AUH, the Superlite ball to socket adapter offsets the actual point of weight bearing about 3 inches from the king pin. This torques the pin plate all wrong. I have fabricated a temporary fix to alleviate the uneven pressure on the rubber pad until I figure out what to do. I think the Trailair Air Ride is the solution but right now another thousand dollars is not in the budget.
    Russ & Faith
    2019 Momentum 349M
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    1999 Valkyrie Interstate

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This was just asked and answered last week - don't remember if it was this forum or the other one. You don't need to spend money on the so-called gooseneck adapter plate for the MORryde pin box and the Andersen Ultimate hitch. The AUH is not a gooseneck hitch, for one. Most any dampened pin box is fine with the AUH except the RotoFlex. The criterion for compatibility is that the pin box must keep the pin vertical in all directions at all times and, if this is the case, the pin plate will be horizontal at all times (the RotoFlex does not do this). The MORryde meets this criterion without any modification.

Rob
    Just adding to Rob's comment. I have the AUH/MORryde combo. No issues. There are several statements online and with the Andersen packaging of the unit cautioning about the RotoFlex. As a side note, there is a step in the set up and hooking the king pin adapter to the king pin where you take a couple truck bed wall measurements to the hitch ball and that determines how the adapter is attached to the king pin. I will say that for anyone thinking about buying a AUH vs. a "standard" 5th wheel hitch, the AUH will require more "safety attention" such as push/pull pin cable checks, bolt torques, etc. Rides like a charm when all "tight".
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I asked Andersen Hitches about using the AUH and the MORryde rubber pin box they referred me to MORryde. Below is the response from MORryde. They did not go into any detailed explaination as to why, but I believe it has to do with the surface contact area on the MORryde skid plate is less when using the Andersen adaptor and the MORryde kit includes a beefier skid plate.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORryde.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	31215
    Jerry & Patty
    Ordered: 2021 Ford F450 & 2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    SOLD: 2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB & 2018 Solitude 377MBS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use both. Two years now and no problems.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    We use both. Two years now and no problems.
    With or without the MORryde adaptor kit?
    Jerry & Patty
    Ordered: 2021 Ford F450 & 2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    SOLD: 2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB & 2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The concern with the Andersen (and its PullRite and Demco cousins) is keeping the king pin plate horizontal at all times. The only dampened pin box that doesn't do that is the RotaFlex. The MORryde has bars both side-to-side and fore-and-aft that keep the pin plate horizontal. We put 13K miles on an Andersen hitch using a Demco Glide Ride pin box (very similar to the MORryde in design) without any issues. No modifications required.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)