User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corgi1 View Post
    When I asked Andersen Hitches about using the AUH and the MORryde rubber pin box they referred me to MORryde. Below is the response from MORryde. They did not go into any detailed explaination as to why, but I believe it has to do with the surface contact area on the MORryde skid plate is less when using the Andersen adaptor and the MORryde kit includes a beefier skid plate.
    Attachment 31215
    corgi1, since you asked MORryde and they responded that the skid plate is needed with the AUH, did you go that route? Also since the manufacturer of the pin box says this is needed, I'm curious as to why folks are using the AUH and MORryde rubber fixed pin box without the skid plate. I'm curious because if a manufacturer says something is needed, I would follow that directive. Additionally, it would be good if MORryde provided a more detailed explanation of why the skid plate is needed and risks/consequences of not using it.
    Mark
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax, Airlift 7500XL w-Compressor & Wireless Remote
    Andersen Ultimate Rail Mount Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BumbleZ View Post
    corgi1, since you asked MORryde and they responded that the skid plate is needed with the AUH, did you go that route? Also since the manufacturer of the pin box says this is needed, I'm curious as to why folks are using the AUH and MORryde rubber fixed pin box without the skid plate. I'm curious because if a manufacturer says something is needed, I would follow that directive. Additionally, it would be good if MORryde provided a more detailed explanation of why the skid plate is needed and risks/consequences of not using it.
    I think that is partly why some people have not installed the kit, neither MORryde or Andersen actually stated the reason the kit is needed, just simply said they recommend it. And it is $200, so it makes it hard to see the value in spending that $200. I am still waiting for my trailer to arrive and have not yet purchased the kit. But sine we plan to go full time, I will most likely buy and install the kit.
    Jerry & Patty
    Ordered: 2021 Ford F450 & 2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    SOLD: 2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB & 2018 Solitude 377MBS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the PullRite Superlite #2600 with the MorRyde pin box I had this set up for about a year or a little more but I don't see no issue with the pin box but that's me.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that is partly why some people have not installed the kit, neither MORryde or Andersen actually stated the reason the kit is needed, just simply said they recommend it. And it is $200, so it makes it hard to see the value in spending that $200. I am still waiting for my trailer to arrive and have not yet purchased the kit. But sine we plan to go full time, I will most likely buy and install the kit.
    So where are you going to buy that kit from?
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I'm interested in the MORryde rubber pin box is that my recently new-to-me Reflection 303RLS seemed to create quite a bit of chucking with my 2018 2500HD Duramax. I made sure the trailer was sitting as level as possible while hooked up and adjusted my Andersen ball height accordingly. However, I just picked up my RV today from a trailer shop after upgrading my flattened 4 leaf stock leaf springs with after-market 5 leaf springs. While towing it to my storage facility, it appeared to chuck substantially less than before. Perhaps my old, flattened leafs were not absorbing road bumps and variations thereby causing the trailer to "bounce" more which in turn created the back and forth chucking I experienced. Thanks for your quick feedback and I'm looking forward to my next trip at the end of this month to gauge how the new leafs are performing and whether I'll still consider the MORryde pin box upgrade.
    Mark
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Silverado 2500HD Duramax, Airlift 7500XL w-Compressor & Wireless Remote
    Andersen Ultimate Rail Mount Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    So where are you going to buy that kit from?
    Probably Tweetys.com or etrailer.com
    Jerry & Patty

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay when you do get it can you post a pics of it, I might finally get one if I really need it.

Is this the one? https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=...box+skid+plate
    Last edited by Spartacus; 04-15-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Oh okay when you do get it can you post a pics of it, I might finally get one if I really need it.

Is this the one? https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=...box+skid+plate
    Not sure, etrailer does not seem to show the Mfg part number. The MORryde part number is rpb 77-006
    Jerry & Patty

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay thanks.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve95628 View Post
    I have the standard aluminum AUH that I use with the standard pin box on my '21 3550BH. See the pics of what happened doing a uturn in a cul-de-sac that is slightly off-camber. It scrapped it pretty bad but didn't affect the function. If I really want to I guess I could get a new rail. But I don't see the need. Rather that happen than the truck get damaged.

I called AUH and my dealer to complain. The dealer basically said too bad, with enough articulation it will always hit. AUH said yeah, we know that's why we just released a 2.5" taller version, model 3217, we can ship you one for $1000. Ugh. The good news is the one I have is basically brand new and I can sell on CL probably for close to what I paid for it. I went ahead and purchased the taller AUH. Will try that for a while. I had to get it directly from them as the dealers don't have it and aren't aware of it (at least mine was not).

Attachment 31484

Attachment 31485
    steve95628
    How did you have the Andersen king pin block set up when this occurred. Was the ball in front of the pin or behind the pin. Ill assume in front of the pin.
    I have a very similar set up, 2021 3550BH and 2020 F350 SB with the ball in front of the pin. I do have a horse stall mat under my Andersen hitch that gives me about and inch more of height. I wanted to turn the pin block around to give me more rail clearance but having a Solitude with the wider cap has made me rethink doing it.

JaC
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2021 Solitude S-Class 3550BH-R | SumoSprings Trailer Helper Spring | Morryde Rubber Pin Box | Disk Brakes (Stop Your Trailer)
    2020 F350 | SRW | SB | Platinum | 6.7 Diesel | 4x4 | PullRite SuperGlide Hitch 20K

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast