User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2020 Chevy 3500 Diesel SRW hitch questions

I just pulled the trigger and bought the 2020 Chevy Standard bed Diesel. I came out of a 19. I have the pullrite super slide. Love the hitch but will not work in the new truck without adapting and setting hitch on a bed adapter for my puck system which is not available anyplace I have checked. Neither Demco or Pullrite have a hitch ready. I am thinking about going to the Anderson Ultimate. Has anybody done this. i am pulling a 2020 Momentum 395M. 15400 empty. I love the idea of being able to lift the hitch. It hurts cause I will be the owner of a new Pullrite slider with 35 miles on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same truck. Bought it in early November, and pulled our new Solitude 1300 miles south right after Thanksgiving. Like you, I had to search for options to keep my Comfort Ride 5th wheel hitch with the new factory puck system. I bought a Demco adapter locally at an RV service shop that works well, but could have saved a little by getting it from Amazon or Etrailer. I'm guessing you've tried there, but maybe the Pullrite has a different mounting pattern?? My Comfoprt Ride has a mount pattern similar to a Reese.
    Mike & Marta
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD CC standard bed Duramax/Allison
    Comfort Ride 184 hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mike, yes I have checked high and low to no avail for the adapter. They all say they are coming. We have our maiden voyage scheduled down south next month and I am getting a little nervous. I will be calling Grand design about the Anderson today to make sure no warranties are voided with its use.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been on an 1800 mile trip so far with my 2020 Chevy and Andersen Ultimate. No problems.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I just pulled the trigger and bought the 2020 Chevy Standard bed Diesel. I came out of a 19. I have the pullrite super slide. Love the hitch but will not work in the new truck without adapting and setting hitch on a bed adapter for my puck system which is not available anyplace I have checked. Neither Demco or Pullrite have a hitch ready. I am thinking about going to the Anderson Ultimate. Has anybody done this. i am pulling a 2020 Momentum 395M. 15400 empty. I love the idea of being able to lift the hitch. It hurts cause I will be the owner of a new Pullrite slider with 35 miles on it.
    Is this what your looking for? https://www.reese-hitches.com/vehicl...uct_type_id=89
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I guess I got lucky as I was able to convert my SuperGlide 16K (#2700) from being rail mounted in my 16 Chevy 2500 to puck mounted in the 18 Chevy 3500. Just had to replace the "rail feet" to "puck feet" part #4449 OE Puck Mounting Bracket Kit. I just looked on their Web Site and couldn't find them, maybe call them and ask. . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theclarks View Post
    I guess I got lucky as I was able to convert my SuperGlide 16K (#2700) from being rail mounted in my 16 Chevy 2500 to puck mounted in the 18 Chevy 3500. Just had to replace the "rail feet" to "puck feet" part #4449 OE Puck Mounting Bracket Kit. I just looked on their Web Site and couldn't find them, maybe call them and ask. . . . .
    Joe - I have been researching this as we are looking to order a new 2020 GMC or Chevy this spring. As the trucks are all new, the platform for the factory pucks is different (not sure what it is yet.....dimensions among or of the puck "holes", etc.)

Here is the link to Pullrite communicating this:
    https://www.pullrite.com/2020-Chevy

They also still have the adapter rails for the "older" hitches (like I have from 2014) as well in this link:
    https://www.pullrite.com/mounting_options

Lastly for GM 2015 or 2016-2019 they did release a couple years ago as I recall a puck mounted hitch not needing the adapter rails mentioned above in this link:
    https://www.pullrite.com/2715

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman View Post
    I have been on an 1800 mile trip so far with my 2020 Chevy and Andersen Ultimate. No problems.
    Can you share more details please? Do you have the standard bed or the long bed (i have the standard bed).

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a standard bed. The new 6' 9"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new truck. I have a 2015 and love it - the engine and transmission are a perfect match and, in my opinion, much superior to the competition. I have a Demco Hijacker sliding hitch that I am happy with, so I don't have any experience with the Anderson. The Hijacker hitch is quite heavy, but I lift it using a come along attached to a bracket at the entrance to my garage and a small platform on wheels that I made for the purpose - 5 minutes or less to get it in or out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast