User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have the 380FL.

We just ordered our 380FL and won’t see it till about end of April. I was wondering if there are any others here that own the 380FL model and what you like or don’t like about it.

Thanks

Anthony Carrizosa

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    Picking my up Thursday March 12 I’ll let you know , I’m hoping we Love it

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took possession of ours at the end of July last year. Plus’s are storage, 1/2 bath, and the master bathroom. Wish they ran speakers in the master bedroom, but not a big deal. Barn doors for bedroom need modifications to secure them during travel. Caution when bringing kitchen slides in, make sure your dining table is folded down!. The fireplace actually heats enough to take the chill out of the unit. Love the motion controlled lightning in the basement! I’m sure you will love it. We went with a generator, full body paint, double pane windows and we love it!!!! Have fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, my wife and I picked up our 2020 380FL last October. Went on a few local trips before winterizing. We have been enjoying driveway camping over the past few weekends. Same setup as cd3636.

This is our 4th RV in 10 years. Started in a travel but moved to a Class C pretty quickly. Had the Class C for a few years before moving to a Class A. I know its weird, but we jumped from the Class A to the Solitude 380FL after only 14 months. Wanted more space, and I already had the truck. I can provide a long list of what I liked and disliked in each type of RV.

Although our time with the 380FL has been limited, I absolutely love the dedicated front living-room, huge bathroom, and tons of storage space, which our Class A was lacking. I don't really have any dislikes yet. We are planning trips to Outer Banks in June and Niagara in July, which will be our first long-haul trips. Hopefully, we won't have to cancel these trips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked ours up on March 6. Did a short 500 mile loop around West Texas and another short trip to Marble Falls area. So far we love it. These two trips prior to the shut down helped us to do the "shake down". I was really surprised as there wasn't a whole lot of issues with the unit. A few minor things that we now have the dealer taking care of. Love the storage, front living is awesome. I know we'll love it for when our kids and grand kids visit, they can have their own private area up there and have a half bath to use. The MorRyde suspension and king pin are great. Our old 5th wheel had just a regular king pin and we experienced a lot of "chucking". Tows like a dream. Hopefully going to be able to get up north this summer for a while.
    Enjoy!
    Terry & Beth
    Sadie, The Dog..
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL
    2020 F350 6.7L Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry188 View Post
    We picked ours up on March 6. Did a short 500 mile loop around West Texas and another short trip to Marble Falls area. So far we love it. These two trips prior to the shut down helped us to do the "shake down". I was really surprised as there wasn't a whole lot of issues with the unit. A few minor things that we now have the dealer taking care of. Love the storage, front living is awesome. I know we'll love it for when our kids and grand kids visit, they can have their own private area up there and have a half bath to use. The MorRyde suspension and king pin are great. Our old 5th wheel had just a regular king pin and we experienced a lot of "chucking". Tows like a dream. Hopefully going to be able to get up north this summer for a while.
    Enjoy!
    Terry. That’s great to hear. I can’t wait to see how the morRyde suspension feels. We also ordered a 2020 F450 to tow it with. This waiting game is really making me want to go camping. The wife and I have been going on some long walks on a trail near our home. It’s the only outdoors we have been exposed to lately.

What hitch do you use?

Thanks
    Anthony.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edetrick View Post
    Hi
    Picking my up Thursday March 12 I’ll let you know , I’m hoping we Love it
    Well did you get your new Trailer?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cd3636 View Post
    We took possession of ours at the end of July last year. Plus’s are storage, 1/2 bath, and the master bathroom. Wish they ran speakers in the master bedroom, but not a big deal. Barn doors for bedroom need modifications to secure them during travel. Caution when bringing kitchen slides in, make sure your dining table is folded down!. The fireplace actually heats enough to take the chill out of the unit. Love the motion controlled lightning in the basement! I’m sure you will love it. We went with a generator, full body paint, double pane windows and we love it!!!! Have fun!
    I too am impressed with the storage. I have been Thinking I can fit the kids bikes in the movable tray. Hopefully they will fit. We have four kids we adopted so lots of toys.

Thanks for sharing.
    Anthony.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I have a 379FL (no longer made) which is a very similar floorpan to the 380, some of the changes they made I like, others I was unsure of.

We love the front living room. The opposing slides give a huge space with comfortable seating for eight. This has come in handy numerous times when camping with friends and the weather turns awful. Nice to have a place to all go on such occasions.

On some of the differences. I like that they got rid of the second exterior door (379 has two doors). I know some like having access to the bathroom with the slides in, but this is not something we need. I also like the layout the bathroom in the 380, more space and double sinks. I am mixed about the slide out storage in the back on the 380. This causes the stairs up to the rear bed and bath; which means lower ceilings (I assume). I REALLY like the high ceiling in the shower of the 379. Other thing I am mixed about is the half bath. I like the thought of it for when we have folks staying with us, but I'd hate to lose counter/cabinet space.

Bottom line, I think it's great floor plan and I am surprised at the number of folks that dislike the front living room; we love it.

Congratulations and happy travels!
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the BW 20k Companion.
    Terry & Beth
    Sadie, The Dog..
    2020 GD Solitude 380FL
    2020 F350 6.7L Dually